Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

H335 or AA2230 for 223 rem with 55gr FMJBT

glockadict

I have a option between h335 or aa2230 to load 223 rem with 55gr fmjbt bullets. I have used H335 before, but not aa2230. They are the same price for 8 lbs, so I would like to get the best powder or does it even matter. These are just plinking loads, but I would like to get the best powder of the 2. Thanks in advance.

I have a option between h335 or aa2230 to load 223 rem with 55gr fmjbt bullets. I have used H335 before, but not aa2230. They are the same price for 8 lbs, so I would like to get the best powder or does it even matter. These are just plinking loads, but I would like to get the best powder of the 2. Thanks in advance.

I have just started reloading 223 as well and I loaded quite a few with H335 but now I am using the AA2230 mainly because I get about 100+ feet/sec more velocity. You will get lots of advice here and there is already quite a bit of info on the forum about these two powders as well. From the research that I have done you probably won't go wrong with either powder, but for me the velocity mattered.

I just loaded up 2K of the AA2230 and have to say......I wont buy any 748 again if the 2230 is available.....

It meters like a dream and with cheapie win 55 fmjbt bullets It will shoot around an inch easy with irons.....

I like it! :cheers:

DougC

I've shot 2k montanna gold with 25g of h335 with great results. Larry White recomends the AA2230 for that bullet so I plan to switch for the next batch. Varget does not meter as well from the dillon but It's a good powder as well. I got some bridging on occasion but I have since polished my powder funnel and that seemed to help.

Mule