Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.357 158 jhps

jasond

Has anyone gotten any 158 jacketed bullets recently? After two months on order, Roze told me they couldn't get them, and I've tried Midway, Graf, Powder Valley, MG, Midsouth, etc. I'm willing to pay up to $130/K, I can't afford any fancypants $30/100 stuff.

Edited by jasond

no 158's but I my brother cast about 500 the other night and i cast about 500 last night for free.

Try bear creek, billy's, bushwacker or MIssouri cast bullets (i think) for some.

dcs

I had them on order with Roze for two months, then they finally told me they couldn't get them. They had 125s ready to ship. Zeros are as good as Speer and Nosler, and for a better price! I found an old box behind the seat of my truck to use in yesterday's match, now I'm really out!

Thanks to those that offered out of their personal stashes, but the boss was being funny about buying stuff through the mail from private individuals and so did not approve of the transaction. Thanks for offering, my loss.

I think I'm going to try to figure out how to make this thing shoot to 100 meters with lead bullets. I have a bunch of LRNs that I sized and lubed myself that are great, but I can't load them into .357 cases because they are too long and I don't want to deal with .38 trajectory. A friend had some SWCs with an overload of bullseye that I let him try in my gun. He was banging away at the 100M ram, but they were sticking in the chambers. He shoots them out of a Freedom Arms.

I'm using 158 jhp with 10.5 blue dot, would it be a good powder for lead bullets at magnum velocity?

I had them on order with Roze for two months, then they finally told me they couldn't get them. They had 125s ready to ship. Zeros are as good as Speer and Nosler, and for a better price! I found an old box behind the seat of my truck to use in yesterday's match, now I'm really out!

Thanks to those that offered out of their personal stashes, but the boss was being funny about buying stuff through the mail from private individuals and so did not approve of the transaction. Thanks for offering, my loss.

I think I'm going to try to figure out how to make this thing shoot to 100 meters with lead bullets. I have a bunch of LRNs that I sized and lubed myself that are great, but I can't load them into .357 cases because they are too long and I don't want to deal with .38 trajectory. A friend had some SWCs with an overload of bullseye that I let him try in my gun. He was banging away at the 100M ram, but they were sticking in the chambers. He shoots them out of a Freedom Arms.

I'm using 158 jhp with 10.5 blue dot, would it be a good powder for lead bullets at magnum velocity?

Jasond. I always had good luck with the 160 grain Moly in a 38 special with 3.7 to 4.1 of Solo 1000. 3.7 average of 8 shots gave me 826 fps and a standard deviation of 13.4 Out of a stock 686 with a 6 inch barrel. 4.1 got me 853 fps and a 10,8 out of the same gun. YMMV I get them from billybullets com for what it's worth. later rdd Now back to the original thread.