Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

UPS Tracking Information that doesn't track!

ChrisMcCracken

My Firebird is the 2nd package that I've had shipped to me through UPS that the tracking information never reflects the actual status of the package. Instead it just says billing information received. What's the point in tracking something if it never updates? :angry2:

Anyone else notice this lately? 6mo or a year ago I never had this problem with UPS.

Usually means that the shipment went in via their software (on or offline) and hasn't been picked up yet. Typically day 1 of just about any electronic shipment looks like that until it gets scanned by a driver or store.

Usually means that the shipment went in via their software (on or offline) and hasn't been picked up yet. Typically day 1 of just about any electronic shipment looks like that until it gets scanned by a driver or store.

+1

You're sure it's actually on a truck? I had a package say that for three days. Turned out the shipper didn't actually ship it. It was sitting on the wrong shelf when I called to see what was going on. A few hours later and it had been picked up.

I've found UPS package tracking to be pretty reliable. I recently had a chance to use the UPS software to ship myself some stuff, and it's pretty neat - you enter the recipient (or select it from a menu of previous folks you shipped the package to); select the class of delivery (very important, since the pulldown menu defaults to overnight), and it prints a bar coded shipping label tied to your shipper account, enters it into the UPS system, and notifies UPS a pickup is needed.

Don't consider delivery to be a "UPS issue" until you see the notation on the record that the package has been picked up.

I've expressed my displeasure with UPS more than once when they screw up my overnights to Tripp, but otherwise, over the course of years and years of shipping hundreds of pounds every day they were always the best.