Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hawaii Superferry

Since the Hawaii Superferry has ceased operations :angry2: are there any cost effective alternatives for traveling between Oahu and Maui???

I had been planning on shooting at both islands but I don't want to go through the hassle of declaring a firearm at the airports each time I board the plane.

I'm staying on Oahu but would like to shoot on Maui two different weekends.

Not to mention I'd have to rent another car when I got there. Kinda makes for an expensive club match.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Gary

gary-hook up with HI5-0. he has maui covered-great bunch of guyz. don't take yer mags-they have all the 10 rounders for you to bobble while yer there. range is small, but easy to find between the airport and the west side of the island-if yer staying in wailea/makena, yer close.

gary-hook up with HI5-0. he has maui covered-great bunch of guyz. don't take yer mags-they have all the 10 rounders for you to bobble while yer there. range is small, but easy to find between the airport and the west side of the island-if yer staying in wailea/makena, yer close.

I'm not staying on Maui, I'm on Oahu. I was just going to make a couple day trips.

If I can get there without a big hassle I'm already set with my 10 round open gun. I'm also checking into getting some 9mm major from Atlanta Arms to shoot out of my Witness small frame. But I have questions first. I shoot like crap so I need "major PF" help..... :blush:

Gary

Aloha Gary,

Well....now that the boat is gone, you gotta fly. Several options with airlines (Hawaiian Air; Go Airlines; Mokulele Air; Island Air; Pacific Wings) are some. Check their websites and some will let you use airmiles from their partner airlines.

It's not too bad checking in guns at the local airlines, I just use a large suitcase with the gun case inside and ammo separate and after TSA inspects I ask (nicely) if they can lock the outside suitcase lock and they always say yes.

If you are just staying for the day, I can pick you up or one of the guys can get you and drop you off again. Sorry, most of us don't shoot 9Major (except one guy with a Glock). If you shot 38SC we have ammo for you.

It's not that bad, just bring sunscreen (we even use that stuff) and water (DonT always brings doughnuts :) ) and some lunch money (guys usually go have a late lunch about 1300-1330)

C-ya,

B B)

Thanks Barry,

I will have to check on those airlines and see what it will cost.

Maybe check into some kind of cruise over.

I've got some time to check out my options. I hope to be able to make it though. I'll keep in touch.

Mahalo,

Gary