Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Snow Bound!

Sam

Sweet! We've got a real howler blowing here in eastern Wyoming today. 50 mph winds, which are kinds normal for March, but we are getting 20 inches of snow! All the roads and highways are shutdown. Even the U.S. Post Office said "FUJIMO" today. (So much for neither snow, sleet, nor gloom of night)

I have been working my butt off here at home, and at my "paying job", and I really needed this downtime. I've just been surfing the forum and chillin.

Now, I am going out to take a walk in a ragin' blizzard! No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes.

I tried to make it in to work today, left at 6 am near whiteout conditions made it about a mile. The road was drifted up so bad that I had to turn tail and go home, the tracks I had made only moments before were just about obliterated. Don't mess with winter (or spring) in Wyoming.

Power was out, broke out the candles and oil lanterns, built a fire, played with the kids. Luckily the power came back on after 6 hours, I feel for the poor bastards on the power crew out working in this weather. I think I'll get one of those whole house back-up generator deals when the weather improves.