Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upgrade for the new shooting season?

Corjyn

I have a question for the new shooting season. I want to update my shooting gear such as belt, mag pouches, holster from the Kydex, buckle belt and fixed pouches. Any suggestions with in the rules of single stack and limited ten?

Thanks in advance.

John

Cr-speed belt and pouches with a comp-tac holster would be tough to beat.

Yup, I run the Comp-tac pouches as well because I already had a few but if I had to buy from scratch for SS I would run the CR pouches. Other than that, CR Speed belt, Pouches, and a Comp-tac belt or locking paddle and your good to go.

You can get the CR stuff from shootersconnection.com

After 5 years of USPSA shooting, I finally got a CR Speed belt. I've spent the last week repeatedly kicking myself. Also, I like the Comp-Tac gear for SS, and I'm thinking about their mag pouches for Production as well, though the Ready Tactical ones are pretty sweet and require no adjustment.

If I were to start shooting L10 or Limited after shooting Production and SS, I wouldn't be using a race holster and mag pouches up front, just because my hands don't naturally go there anymore. Something to think about.

My experience with the CR is just opposite from everyone else! I was a big guy at the time (size 50 belt) and could never get used to it or get it tight enough to suit me. With a buckle belt I can get it as tight as I want. I have since lost 90 pounds (the Dr. wants me to loose 113) so I have been looking for a 40 to try and also smaller buckle belts. I have no experience with CT but the comments I have read about them have all been positive. BladeTech gets good reviews also.

FWIW

Richard