Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need A Minor Load 130s and Solo 1000

JimmyZip

Looking for what the title says. Most threads have skittered around this load but never this exact load. I will be shooting this out of a stock BHP barrel. Was hoping someone had loaded this already and could give me a headstart. Otherwise I could use the 147 LRN data and work up or the 125 and work down. Was hoping to get a headstart on the learning curve and get into the ballpark.

Jimmy

Still looking.

Did however find that they shoot well with 4gr 231, loaded to 1.19"OAL. Need to chrono this load, it shoots really well for my HiPower. If the Solo 1000 isn't better, I think I will trade it off.

Still looking.

Did however find that they shoot well with 4gr 231, loaded to 1.19"OAL. Need to chrono this load, it shoots really well for my HiPower. If the Solo 1000 isn't better, I think I will trade it off.

I'm using 4.0 grains with Precision 125's for 130pf to 1.125"

I'd say use 3.8-3.9 and you should be pretty darn close.

Black Bullets Int. 130gr over Solo 1000. Here are the chrono results.

Gun - 5”XD

OAL - 1.125

Primer - WSP

Brass - WIN

Temp - 25F

Distance from chrono - 6ft

5 shot average

3.0 - 858fps 111PF

3.3 - 925fps 120PF

3.5 - 956fps 124PF

3.6 - 970fps 126PF

There were no pressure signs at 3.6 so I stepped up to 3.7 and then 3.8 to get some PF margin. At 3.8 I still don’t see much difference in the appearance of the primer. I did not have a chance to chrono this yet. I have used about 500 of these in the last two matches I have shot. No problems with smoke or barrel fouling so far.

Jimmy, depending on the gun I would suspect 3.8 and 3.9 gr is the area you will end up at for a load. I suspect 3.7 is about 1000fps out of my G34 based on what little tinkering I did with Zero 135s. I was in the area of 3.6 to 3.7 for 125 to 130pf with the zeros. YMMV, and I didn't do a thorough testing of this combo. I was just seeing what I could see at the time. I didn't push the powder to max pressure to see where I started finding pressure sign, so I can't comment on how close you might be to the celing.

I know, real iffy info from me and very little info from anyone else out there on this combo. I would be very interested in your results when you test. Please post them when you finish. I'm pretty interested in the results on this. I have been shooting 135 Zeros and like the 'in-between' feel I get from them they are still really soft, but snappy enough to get the slide moving. The 147's can at times feel sluggish. The 135's take the steel down better than the 124/5's too.

Edited by SA Friday

3.8 Solo 1000, 124 BlackBullet was somewhere around 135pf through a long, fast G34 barrel.

Load 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8 ... and I think you'll be in the ballpark at the Chrono. It WILL shoot softer and cleaner than any of the other powders mentioned in this thread. Promise.

I think 3.8 will be pretty much on the money with a slightly shorter, slower BHP barrel.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

5" XD9

4.0gr Solo 1000

125gr LRN - S and S Casting

1.130 OAL

PF = 129.5

3.5gr Solo 1000

147gr JHP - Zero

1.130 OAL

PF = 127.5

Edited by TM262