Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using A .22 For Practice

jpc

I have been using a Browing Buckmark .22 pistol to try to help get my shooting better quicker, very useful and of course cheaoer than shooting a lot of .40. I do drills with it except draws and dryfire. Good idea or what?

Also its a good warmup. My questions are should i get a .22 conversion kit to use on my para p16 Marvel makes one.(my limitied gun) Or should i buy Kimbers .22 pistol on a 1911 frame? Or what ?? I am limitied as far as money is concerned. The only problem with buying the marvel kit is using and getting the para too dirty and wearing out parts. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. I know shooting the .22 helped me get better quicker.

FWIW, if you spent the money for the Kimber or the top-end on bricks of .22 ammo (or for .40 ammo, for that matter) and then shot it all in frequent, focused practice sessions, I think you'd improve more than you would by investing in hardware. I'm gonna break out the buckmark again this winter....

I traded anoeehr .22 for an advantage arms conversion kit for my G34...well worth it. Did some practicing with it and while lighter, is very helpful as my controls, sight picture, grip, etc are the same as I would use on my competition pistol...heck, it is my competition pistol!