Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slinging my old guitar over my shoulder

doc540

The things we've seen together, the places we've been, the stories we could tell.

For about 38 years now I've been slinging this old bass guitar over my shoulder and entertaining people with it.

My fingers have worn all the finish from the back of the neck, and like a worry stone it's contured and smooth, the wood turning sweat oil dark and silky.

These days I never strap it on without pausing and thinking "Hello, old friend. Here we go again."

Sure, it's wood, wire, bone, and steel, but it vibrates with something other, just waiting for me to release it and let it sing.

And when we're in the pocket with the drums, hittin' the note, surfin' the groove, I just focus in and listen to it, grateful, joyful, and awestruck like a child, thinking Listen to THAT!

69BigJazz-1.jpg

Edited by doc540

That fender jazz is beautiful. Looks like it's been well taken care of. I love the bindings on it too. You just don't see 'em like that anymore. Here are few of mine....

post-9131-1236893224_thumb.jpg

Edited by A-shot

That fender jazz is beautiful. Looks like it's been well taken care of. I love the bindings on it too. You just don't see 'em like that anymore. Here are few of mine....

Nice! What year is that black Jazz with the white pickguard?

It's Japanese, no where near as cool as yours. It's just got a vintage look, it's a little beaten. The teal is US from 1999...

Yeah, it's got a great vintage vibe.

In another 30 years it will be vintage.

That's an AVATAR cab on top, isn't it?

Dave is one great guy to deal with.

Edited by doc540

That's an AVATAR cab on top, isn't it?

Dave is one great guy to deal with.

Yes, Avatar is by far the best stuff I have ever used. Dave reminds of people in the gun industry, he's just that cool and helpful.

So thats an EB 1, currently I have to make do with my 87 Persuader (Alembic) and an Epifani pre amp hooked to a crest CA9 and a Mesa Boogie Twin 15 road ready bottom. I do know at what frequency my house resonates at. 1st bass was an airline with an Ampeg b15 wish I had that back.