Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Viking Tactics Drills

Gordon,

Kyle is awesome as a shooter, instructor and person. There are a lot of good uses for a VFG, but frankly FOR ME, they were good only when on street patrol and when going in to a low light situation (i.e. so I can trigger my light). However, if I don't need my light, then it's up on the forearm. Point being that situation dictates, but you have to be good at both.

One of these years, I'll take a class from Kyle.

Rich

Those are good, if ammo intensive, drills. I took a class from Kyle and we certainly put a lot of lead back into the earth! The Highsmith and Zig Zag drills are really good with a Nordic Components 10/22 conversion!

Kyle's use of the VFG is more tactically oriented than simply shooting oriented. VFGs are the best way to manage weapon mounted lights. Kyle also has some clever shooting positions where the VFG really helps. I don't compete with one but I have one on my "tactical' AR.

Carbine 1.5 was one of the most eye opening classes I've ever taken. Shooting the AR type rifle from every position imaginable and shooting from both sides R/L was amazing. If there's ever an opportunity to train with Kyle , make it happen well worth it and bring lots of ammo. Going to the east coast this summer for the Streetfighter course and Night Fighter in Nov.

Those are good, if ammo intensive, drills. I took a class from Kyle and we certainly put a lot of lead back into the earth! The Highsmith and Zig Zag drills are really good with a Nordic Components 10/22 conversion!

I watched that and thought the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...

very cool....got some great ideas of match stages....he's awful smooth......the best part is his other clip refuting the 'point shooting' other dorks' clips that come up along w/his.....that blond kid w/the watch cap is a total cave man......

Edited by bigsaxdog

• 1 month later...
very cool....got some great ideas of match stages....he's awful smooth......the best part is his other clip refuting the 'point shooting' other dorks' clips that come up along w/his.....that blond kid w/the watch cap is a total cave man......

+1 Kyle is the man!

• 4 weeks later...