Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

625 field parts kit

Danva

what are the most needed spare parts one should have at a major match aside from a spare gun.

I am thinking I should have some parts that can be replaced in the field for a 625. Are there internal parts that could be replaced in the field?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Danva

I shoot my 627's and 686's more than my 625's, but my "Solution" would be equally applicable to ANY "Wheelie"...I ALWAYS carry a SPARE GUN!!!...FWIW...

This goes back to a time when I made an hour-and-a-half trip to the only INDOOR range in our area at the time--to "Sight In" a NEW Ruger MKII "Government Target"--only to have the firing pin BREAK on the TENTH SHOT...the only OTHER gun I had with me was my carry piece, which I didn't want to GET DIRTY...a LONG car ride home, feeling VERY UNSATISFIED convinced me to NEVER leave the house with LESS than TWO GUNS for ANY trip to the range...HTH....mikey357

what are the most needed spare parts one should have at a major match aside from a spare gun.

I am thinking I should have some parts that can be replaced in the field for a 625. Are there internal parts that could be replaced in the field?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Danva

Hello Danva: If you can afford a duplicate gun that would be my preference, however after shooting a revolver for over thirty years, the only failure I had in a match was my cylinder falling out because I forgot to check my yolk screw. A few years ago one of the top shooters at the ICORE match broke a firing pin. Although he replaced it in just a few minutes it cost him the match. The main mistake I see novice shooters make is backing the strain screw out to lighten the double action pull.