Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open and conceal carry

Howdy all

a couple of questions about Open and concealed carry in Florida.

First off open carry. in other states that i have been that have open carry (remember i am a Canadian) which have been Arizona and Texas, i see lots of people with open carry. however in Florida i saw no one with open carry for the two weeks that i was there. how come?

second question. while at the open, one of the RO's (i believe on stage 4) told me that a CCW permit for Florida was easy to get for a Canadian. however when reading the rules is see a residence requirement. is there away around this? if someone can help me get my CCW for Florida i would appreciate the help.

Howdy all

First off open carry. in other states that i have been that have open carry (remember i am a Canadian) which have been Arizona and Texas, i see lots of people with open carry. however in Florida i saw no one with open carry for the two weeks that i was there. how come?

second question. while at the open, one of the RO's (i believe on stage 4) told me that a CCW permit for Florida was easy to get for a Canadian. however when reading the rules is see a residence requirement. is there away around this? if someone can help me get my CCW for Florida i would appreciate the help.

IN order for a non US Citizen to meet the requirements for a concealed permit in the state of Florida you have to be "deemed a lawful premanent resident alien by the Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Imigration service" That quote comes directly from the application which is question 5 (d) it also states... "if you do not possess permanent resident alien status, you are not eligible for licensure and your application will be denied".

If you are a resident alien simply fill out the application, supply your photo, fingerprints and qualifying certificate of competency, proof of resident alien status, the fee and you should be good to go...

To my knowledge, there are no provisions i the state statutes for "open Carry" for firearms in the state of florida. With that being said, walking down the local isle at walmart with a glock on your hip will get you a ride to the local county jail VIA the ever so broad "Breach of Peace Statute".

Hope this helps.

thanks Deon

i thought i had rememberd that when they passed the law way back there were pcitures of people walkign around with guns on their hips.

fortunately i took the attitude if i didn't see it i wouldn't do it.

Howdy all

IN order for a non US Citizen to meet the requirements for a concealed permit in the state of Florida you have to be "deemed a lawful premanent resident alien by the Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Imigration service" That quote comes directly from the application which is question 5 (d) it also states... "if you do not possess permanent resident alien status, you are not eligible for licensure and your application will be denied".

If you are a resident alien simply fill out the application, supply your photo, fingerprints and qualifying certificate of competency, proof of resident alien status, the fee and you should be good to go...

To my knowledge, there are no provisions i the state statutes for "open Carry" for firearms in the state of florida. With that being said, walking down the local isle at walmart with a glock on your hip will get you a ride to the local county jail VIA the ever so broad "Breach of Peace Statute".

Hope this helps.

Open or concealed carry? Open carry in Texas will land you straight in jail, do not pass go. There is currently a movement afoot to make open carry legal, but its not right now, even if you possess a CHL...