Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting in The Dark

Yes, I have s PETZL LED light that I mount to the hat that will help you see your sights. Lots of practice but it works well. Just go to a local store that carries them and check them out. Of course sometimes I just use the Surefire along my neck and this works but only one handed.

RLTW,

Scott

with iron sights it shouldn't matter...just start blasting and for a fleeting instant in the muzzle flash, you'll see your front sight between the flash and the target. works well if you don't try to see the a zone :surprise:

sfinney,

Good question...at our range we even us a bubble gum machine (light from a patrol car) and maybe we don't stick to a strick USPSA rules? Our indoor range USPSA matches (always first stage) sometimes also include a fog machine and black plastic and strobes to make it even harder. Without a light of some sort we couldn't make the time limit, even though it is comstock! Some shooters even mount a weapon (pistol) light after the buzzer goes off just to complete the stage. We encourage a light since it is the safer thing to do for both the RO and shooter.

RLTW,

Scott

sfinney,

Good question...at our range we even us a bubble gum machine (light from a patrol car) and maybe we don't stick to a strick USPSA rules? Our indoor range USPSA matches (always first stage) sometimes also include a fog machine and black plastic and strobes to make it even harder. Without a light of some sort we couldn't make the time limit, even though it is comstock! Some shooters even mount a weapon (pistol) light after the buzzer goes off just to complete the stage. We encourage a light since it is the safer thing to do for both the RO and shooter.

RLTW,

Scott

Many of the indoor matches at Busyhawks range were actually "practical" and had several low light stages not seen in USPSA. A light mounted on your pistol provides a dramatic difference over a hand held light unless your very proficient in that style. Even with these lights a tritium set of sights is still a plus when you don't want to use the light. Hope all is well Scott.

Racine