Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ipsc Revolver

Chuck D

I'm looking at buying a complete set-up for USPSA/IPSC Revolver. I was wondering if you guys that shoot a steady diet of IPSC Revolver would share your equipment choices with me. I'm open to just about any suggestions as far as gun/holster/speedloader-moonclip combinations are concerned.

Thank you ! :)

Chuck,

I use the Garcia/ universal shooting academy holster and i just love it. Very fast and with me being left handed it was easy to convert.

I shoot 625's from the performance center. Are they worth the extra buck, probably not. You still have to do some work to them to get them

decent.

As far as moonclips are concerned, go to moonclips. com. Tom Kilhoffer has everything you need to get started.

Ditto on the 6.5"barrels. If you can find one grab it. The longer sight radius is nice. I wouldn't go any shorter than 5.25"

Chuck, I also use a CR holster and belt. Both are great. I use California Competition Works moonclip holders (got them through Dillon).

As far as sight radius goes, a 625 with a 5" barrel has the same sight radius as a 5" barelled 1911. I shoot the 5" model. It has never bothered me on long or tight shots. Plus I think it handles better than the 6,5" full lug guns (I've never shot the 6,5 inch 25-2 though. It sounds great).

Let us know what your choice will be. Good luck.

Björn

Chuck:

Yeah, be sure to try out the 5 inch 625. Almost all of the folks I have shot with in the Idaho/Wyoming area shoot the 5 inch 625 and they love them. I like a little longer sighting radius because that is what I grew up with (PPC, Action Pistol, etc.). On the 6.5 inch guns I prefer the handling characteristics of the old 25 because it seems to balance better than the new full lug models, and I am also sentimental in regards to the old Smiths.

Yea, I ordered the 5 inch model. My local S&W dealer is sending it off to the Performance Center for a trigger touch up and a general once-over. B)

The Limcat holster looks neat... CR Speed is the one I think I'll go for though. Not too sure yet. :huh:

The Perf.Center mods are not free but the prices are reasonable and the service is really good. ;)

What I like is that I'm treated as a valued customer and I don't have to deal with that "tortured artist syndrome" that some of the local 'smiths have around here. :angry: