Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rear Sights in the works

sinnsyk

• 2 weeks later...
How's this rear sight project going?

One more plug from me as well . . . I tried to get my current rear site fixed (screw flew away), but EAA sent me the wrong parts, not a huge surprise, but once Henning's is out, I'm getting in line.

• 3 weeks later...
Excellent news! Sign me up. I would just want to make sure that your new rear sight is very adjustable :-). With the iFiber front post on my 9mm Match, my factory rear adjustable has to be all the way up to keep from shooting low (now hits target covered by front post about an inch low at 7 yards).

See pic for elevation of rear factory Match site. At this height, the factory rear is not that stable and rather 'springy'

I'm in the same boat you're in with my .40 Witness Match. I installed the iFiber front post to replace the silly low profile front sight on the current crop of Witness Matches. The low profile rear sight has a range of about 27 clicks before it becomes springy. To pair it off with the new front sight, I had to go up 20 clicks. :-/ To see more of the front sight, I also filed down the notch so that it is deeper.

Henning suggested that I try the Champion rear sights while I waited for his sights to come into production.

I now know that Champion's replacement sight for LPA TRT sights doesn't fit because the dovetail on the new Witness Match is too small. (The Champion sight will work perfectly with my old .45 Witness Match, though.) I tried calling LPA to find out what kind of sight they now have on the current crop of Witness Matches, but they were very reticent to tell me. Looking at the LPA website, I none of the sights there look like the current one.

• 5 years later...