Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another 3N37 vs N350 question

Tree Rat

I'm imagining this being like the WW540 v.s. Hogden HS-7 thing.....I get a similar feeling when I shoot them in super, too.  Although to me 3N37 doesn't snap like 540.  Makes major nice, though.

Talking to a friend of mine about this recently, he said he shot 350 simply for the reason that it cronoed more consistently than 3N....in HIS guns.  Most else does seem similar, but I'm using 3N37 because the pressure/recoil/boom/reliability seems to be perfect for the velocities Im getting...and consistent as hell...in MY gun.....

he said he shot 350 simply for the reason that it cronoed more consistently than 3N....
in HIS guns.

And to illustrate the importance of that statement, at the Area 8 using 3n37 my gun chrono'd 1501, 1499, and 1502. The same ammo in my wife's gun had the same low deviation. Amazing thing is I was using used brass though all the same brand.

Yeah my 3N37 loads did the same thing last year at the B2B nats.

I just shot the last of my N350 loads and I'm down to a couple pounds of 3N37. When I run out I think I'll stick to N350. Can't notice a difference shooting, but it's cleaner, just a hint of soot. 3N37 kinds of gums up in the Kellube. And I use less powder with N350.

I just changed to 3n37 from IMR 7625. One thing I just noticed is some residue - almost looks like dirt got in the breech area. It's not just carbon soot like I got with the IMR, its more of a grit. Is this typical?

I tried some N350 and it's great with 125s but the muzzle flash seemed excessive with 115s. I could see it in bright sunlight and in the evening, it's overwhelming.