Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

4.0 clays with 230RN in 5" bbl

Pittbug

I currently have a stock 16lb spring in my Para P14 and want to start loading up some ammo with this recipe. I'm guessing perhaps a 14 or 15lb recoil spring?

My current load of 4.6gr of titegroup/230gr and 16lb recoil spring drops the cases about 2 feet from where I'm standing.

Thx

I currently have a stock 16lb spring in my Para P14 and want to start loading up some ammo with this recipe. I'm guessing perhaps a 14 or 15lb recoil spring?

My current load of 4.6gr of titegroup/230gr and 16lb recoil spring drops the cases about 2 feet from where I'm standing.

Thx

I tend to run a 14# spring in my .45s Single Stacks with that load or the 4.3 clays 200 LSWC load.

ETA: I run the 14#er in my .45 because I use lead and want that extra push to chamber some not quite sized right ammo....If I ummm....don't check the ammo...ummm. In my .40 SS(s) I'm going to try and go back to the 12.5 I run in my limited guns since I run jacketed.

Edited by steel1212

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm shooting Zero 230 FMJ over 3.8 Clays, 11 lb recoil, 15 main, also in a Para 14-45. Recoil seems more manageable - a little sharper impulse, but it's over faster. Sights don't dip as much as with a heavier spring. Double-taps, er, I mean..."controlled-pairs" usually end up very close on the target.