Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being Stupid

markm

Well, went to the mall Friday night to pick up a new mouse for the computer. 8:00 pm, just be a minute, in and out. Walk back to the truck, and think "I didn't leave the window down." Then seeing the glass everywhere, @&^*&^#%(@#)$_$(#&@^^%#*#!!!!!!!!!!! OF course everyone in the parking lot did not see or hear a thing, no security cameras, and it took the cops 2 1/2 hrs to show up and take a report. So they get everything out of the inside of the truck but leave 5 aluminum pipe wrenches and a tool box in the bed of the truck..... guess they did not want any tools to work with...

Yep....I know the exact feeling you had. Woke up the first morning of the 2007 LPR Nats to find the same thing in the parking lot of the match hotel. They targeted my GPS(which was my dumbass fault for leaving in the windshield) and took everything else that was in reach.

No blasters, "just" shooter bag with super comp ammo, 3 mags, ced timer, golf clubs, gps, rudy's, blackberry, and laptop and printer. It was Ridgemar and I-30, they even have one of those portable cop towers in the parking lot, just no one in it. Learned my lesson, if they have a cop tower in the parking lot, then maybe you should keep driving to another store. :angry2:

Edited by markm

"Makes you think evil thoughts....."
Yes, TOTALLY evil thoughts. :angry2::ph34r::angry2::ph34r:

Which is why I NEVER go to either of our major malls at night....... notorious for this kind of thing--even here in the "very nice" neighborhood (mall just one mile away) where I happen to live. The frakheads come out of the woodwork as soon as the sun sets and then anything is possible.

I'm so sorry to hear of your mall lot experience. :(

No blasters, "just" shooter bag with super comp ammo, 3 mags, ced timer, golf clubs, gps, rudy's, blackberry, and laptop and printer. It was Ridgemar and I-30, they even have one of those portable cop towers in the parking lot, just no one in it. Learned my lesson, if they have a cop tower in the parking lot, then maybe you should keep driving to another store. :angry2:

Damn....that really sucks. Glad no blasters were in the bag, that would just add insult to injury. R,

Nobody saw somebody smash a window....ok....but then nobody saw anybody taking GOLF CLUBS out of said window...people would be pissed if it was happening to them but since its not nobody cares.

Been through a similar situation recently so I can relate...I feel bad for you Mark.

It takes a long time to recover from the feeling of being somewhat violated.

Gawd, I hate theives! :angry2:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. You too Nanci.

I learned a long, long time ago (yeah I'm old) to never, ever give a thief any kind of a chance anywhere, anytime. I follow that idea religiously. The thieves will appear out of nowhere and do their dirty deed. You will never get any help from anybody including the local police.

I watched a thief walk out of a friends store with a high dollar flyrod. Gave the cops the license number of the truck he drove off in. We were told to our faces by the cop that came to take the report that he could not follow up on the license plate info. Why? The only way they would arrest the a$$hole was IF THEY caught the theif! True story!

My son (smart kid)told me something years ago. He said the police a just historians. They show up after the fact, take notes and then leave. Not dissing the police as the good ones are handcuffed by laws that protect bad guys and the bad ones just don't give a damn.

CYa,

Pat