Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDm-9 from Canyon Creek

Jungo2

Received my XDm from Canyon Creek this week. Rich did a fantastic job. This will be my dedicated USPSA Production pistol. The trigger feels great with a 3lbs. pull and a very clean break. As advertised, the overall travel is 1/4" with practically zero over-travel and a short 1/8" reset. Rich bead-blasted my stainless slide and polished the flats by hand- beautiful craftsmanship. A 1911 tungsten guide rod, bushing and spring were installed. The added weight up front makes a significant positive difference in how the pistol operates; much easier to control. Extended mag release, fiber optic front and Bo-mar rear sights complete the package. Many thanks to Rich for doing such a wonderful job.

IMG_1883CS4_WEB1.jpg

IMG_1877CS4_WEB.jpg

IMG_1885CS4_WEB.jpg

IMG_1889CS4_WEB.jpg

Received my XDm from Canyon Creek this week. Rich did a fantastic job. This will be my dedicated USPSA Production pistol. The trigger feels great with a 3lbs. pull and a very clean break. As advertised, the overall travel is 1/4" with practically zero over-travel and a short 1/8" reset. Rich bead-blasted my stainless slide and polished the flats by hand- beautiful craftsmanship. A 1911 tungsten guide rod, bushing and spring were installed. The added weight up front makes a significant positive difference in how the pistol operates; much easier to control. Extended mag release, fiber optic front and Bo-mar rear sights complete the package. Many thanks to Rich for doing such a wonderful job.

IMG_1883CS4_WEB1.jpg

IMG_1877CS4_WEB.jpg

IMG_1885CS4_WEB.jpg

IMG_1889CS4_WEB.jpg

Nice,

I'm wanting to do the same thing with my XDm .40. I still have question about doing trigger work and keeping it legal for production.

Rich did the work on my XD-40 Tact Production gun. Top shelf and fast turnaround.

As for triggers, when the topic of the 3lb trigger for Production came up Rich said it wouldn't be a problem to take it up to 3lbs on triggers he's done. Just a simple spring change.

Very nice looking gun.

I do have a question about the trigger being legal for production with the 2009 rules. It lists approved modifications and trigger isn't one of them. Also, the tungsten guide rod puts over the 2oz weight limit.

Anyone know if what I said is true for sure or not?

Thanks Skip. You just made my day. Nice to know that I paid about $250 for modifications that I might not be able to use. I checked on the USPSA website, but found only the 2008 rules. Any link to the 2009?

Thanks

Very nice looking gun.

I do have a question about the trigger being legal for production with the 2009 rules. It lists approved modifications and trigger isn't one of them. Also, the tungsten guide rod puts over the 2oz weight limit.

Thanks Skip. You just made my day. Nice to know that I paid about $250 for modifications that I might not be able to use. I checked on the USPSA website, but found only the 2008 rules. Any link to the 2009?

Thanks

Very nice looking gun.

The guide rod will be fine. The gun can't weigh more than two ounces over its listed weight. Rich has been building xd's with the tungstens for years. I think he knows what he's doing. As far as the trigger work, there is a huge thread on this forum discussing proposed changes. The board is working on a cleaned up version of the production rules which will be out soon. Ya have a sweet gun. Go shoot it.

Rich was kind enough to give me a response on this matter. As also stated by another poster, Rich confirmed that the guide rod won't take the pistol weight over the +2 oz. weight limit. He also added that the 2009 rules provide for "internal work". He wasn't more specific than that, but Rich is certainly a respected and experienced member of the shooting sports community. I'll trust his opinion.

Thanks

Very nice looking gun.

The guide rod will be fine. The gun can't weigh more than two ounces over its listed weight. Rich has been building xd's with the tungstens for years. I think he knows what he's doing. As far as the trigger work, there is a huge thread on this forum discussing proposed changes. The board is working on a cleaned up version of the production rules which will be out soon. Ya have a sweet gun. Go shoot it.

Rich was kind enough to give me a response on this matter. As also stated by another poster, Rich confirmed that the guide rod won't take the pistol weight over the +2 oz. weight limit. He also added that the 2009 rules provide for "internal work". He wasn't more specific than that, but Rich is certainly a respected and experienced member of the shooting sports community. I'll trust his opinion.

Thanks

Very nice looking gun.

Good news about the guide rod. as far as the 2009 rules providing for "internal work", it's not internal work on the trigger, just polishing, and polishing isn't a trigger job. I found this thread, and it's pretty clear the BOD doesn't think it's there either. No offense to Rich, but rules change. I do think from reading the thread that it will change again, but currently it's not there.

I read through some of that thread. Looks like we'll have an official word very soon. Nonetheless, Rich's XDm trigger jobs are unique from other XDm smiths in that he uses only the stock parts. We'll continue to wait for a final ruling, but this gives me a bit of a comfort factor. :-)

Thanks

Very nice looking gun.

Good news about the guide rod. as far as the 2009 rules providing for "internal work", it's not internal work on the trigger, just polishing, and polishing isn't a trigger job. I found this thread, and it's pretty clear the BOD doesn't think it's there either. No offense to Rich, but rules change. I do think from reading the thread that it will change again, but currently it's not there.

Edited by Jungo2