Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New tumbling media available in USA

Edmond

to answer your questions, no I do not try to clean and reload hulls from HK91 or P7M8 or anything with a fluted chamber.  Nothing you can put in a vibrator cleans the inside unless it is liquid.  It helps to drop them into the vibrator asap when you get home, the longer you wait the harder it is to get them really clean.  If you put them in asap and your media hasn't been used with 25 prior batches of 500 each, it gets them clean in about 1.5 hrs.

I buy my walnut hulls at Clemtex here in Houston.  They have various grits to choose from, I like the next to the smallest since it falls through the primer hole without lodging there.  I called a buddy after I read your post since it had been several yrs since I bougfht any media and he tells me 50 lbs is now 17 bucks plus tax.

""hasn't been used with 25 prior batches of 500 each, it gets them clean in about 1.5 hrs. "" for DCB , it's after 200 times you need  so long, you're lucky in TX, because I did not see any price like that anywhere. thanks for the infos.

Did not find the same price but the meg-store Petsmart had walnut in a 25 lb bag for a little over $10 on sale. If youlook in the yellow pages for feed stores, farm stores, Southern States, etc, walnut and corncob can be bought cheap.  

Hi, all solutions can be used , Folks. but we are talking, practical here , like in practical shooting. we can go shooting open class with these pistols used in the 70's but in this case, let's not talk about practical and performance. a Ford T is a car , I would enjoy driving one , not using  it  everyday. gonna be surprised, maybe, when the one testing will talk. DVC  

Let's not slam something you don't know anything about.  I was shooting in the '70's and using this same tumbling media then.  While I am not adverse to change, like I tell my students; good, cheap, fast, pick two.  

It is also pretty shameless to come on the forum just to plug something you sell in your store, with the exception of be, 'cause it is his forum.

There is usually more than one way to skin a cat.  If your method works for you, great; just don't slam mine if you haven't tried it.

(Edited by tightloop at 1:00 pm on Oct. 1, 2002)

not slamming anybody, just saying that there is something new, I'm not a marketing boy or one of these guys selling stuff to make money, I have develloped something that works fast , lasts long and makes my life easier , that's all. BE is one of the testers. Sayonara !

Look under abrasives in the yellow pages.  I get 50lb bags of crushed walnut for $15 here.  Add a cap full now and then of  Turtle Wax professional liquid formula rubbing compound.  Works better then any case cleaning media I have ever bought.  

I routinuely tumble my loaded .38 Supercomp cases to clean the case lube off the brass.  I tumble them for about 10 minutes in a Dillon vibratory tumbler.  I've been doing this for years and have never had a problem.  An added benefit of doing this is that any cases with loose primers will generally either come out of the primer pocket or back out enough so you will see a high primer.  Better to find these problems now than in a match when your gun fails to feed.

I would NOT suggest tumbling loaded rounds for any extended period of time as it could break down the powder.

Hope this helps.

Agree - I tumble loaded 45 ammo in course corncob for about 10 min. to remove the Hornady Oneshot lube; if you use the Oneshot like its suposed to be used (ie. lightly) then tubling is probably not needed. I think Brian just leaves it on. I sometimes get too much lube on the cases so a light tumble cleanes them right up. 3 years on, none of my tumblers has exploded.

Sure you can, the biggest problem with tumbling rounds is the time you vibrate them, too long and it fragments the powder modifying burn rate, in factory , they tumble rounds fast to make them clean adding chemicals to go faster, that's why the lead bullets are black color with many factory ammo. DCB works fast.....

But I think it's better to clean before, anyway I prefer to clean before resizing to avoid scratching my dies and because my product lays a protective film making sizing easier and diminishing carbon coating after firing.

Brian Enos received one kit to test and Scootsdale Gun Club will test one , too. you will get reports from people not linked to me and who have no interest to say BS about it to get something. here in France , major gunshops and many hi volume reloaders ( IPSC, CASS and others ) using it. Midway and Dillon importers selling it, 2 biggest wholesalers and Vectan Nobel Sport , too.

like 98 % of french reloaders , I use their powders. I wish I am connected , my product would be on sale in USA for long  time, they included it in their catalog this Spring  after 3 years , DCB case cleaner was used and because their customers, around 800 gunsmiths , asked them about it. they finally tested it, found out my claims were true and bought it... that's all.

I like this type of feed back , all testimonies from testers will be published on Security Arms site with name and adress. that's not a marketing game..

>Got package this morning in post.

>

>Just happened to be running a big bowl of 45ACP's for this upcoming weekend.

>The brass is an add allotment of range pickup from this past summers

>shooting, all dirty, recent fired and as usual for out here in Eastern OR,

>fulla sand...

>

>Have several *weather checked* brass, those found on ground and tossed into

>the mix after checking.

>

>15 mins in the bowl with the DCB1 has cleaned the cases. Running them now in

>a fine grind corncob mix to clean.

>

>CANNOT tell the *old* cruddy brasses from the more recent not weather-messed

>cases.

>

>The polish on these is as good or BETTER than OEM finish!

>

>Will be doing a mixed lot of my old really worn and so far *unfixable* (by

>standard tumbling means) cases this afternoon.

>Got a decent digi-cam incoming, will provide before and afters with

>pleasure.

>

>Just the past hour worth of work has me damned IMPRESSED with the  DCB

>product. Is a keeper, when you make it avaible retail, I want it in

>quantitiy!