Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Section Handgun Championship May 2,3, 2009

It was my first trip to CASA. Great range, top notch staff and RO's. Had a great time and I will be sure to put it on the schedule next year. The weather didn't help much on Saturday but stuff happens.

Note to self: Never trust the weatherman. Take everything you think you might need to the range.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God you know what really REALLY sucks about this match? I lost 1st place B by 33.3999 points and 2nd place by 3.1589 match points. IPSCRON, the stage I shot that you were RO'ing was the stage I had that major jam up that locked my gun up. My squad told me it cost me like 10 seconds easy because of that. I took into account minus 10 seconds on that stage and my points that I finished with and (going by another shooter with same time / points) I lost 49.8677 match points on that one stage because of the jam.

So close yet SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lesson to be learned, CHAMBER CHECK EVERY ROUND, NOT 75% OF THEM, EVERY ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

God you know what really REALLY sucks about this match? I lost 1st place B by 33.3999 points and 2nd place by 3.1589 match points. IPSCRON, the stage I shot that you were RO'ing was the stage I had that major jam up that locked my gun up. My squad told me it cost me like 10 seconds easy because of that. I took into account minus 10 seconds on that stage and my points that I finished with and (going by another shooter with same time / points) I lost 49.8677 match points on that one stage because of the jam.

So close yet SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lesson to be learned, CHAMBER CHECK EVERY ROUND, NOT 75% OF THEM, EVERY ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Yeah, I know it takes time to chamber check, but it could save your ass one day. I use a case guage because if it clears that it will easily clear the chamber.

Are you going to MS Classic?

Ron

God you know what really REALLY sucks about this match? I lost 1st place B by 33.3999 points and 2nd place by 3.1589 match points.

I feel bad about this (not really), but you know what really, really sucks? I had 2 rounds go "click" on stage 9. While I was merrily swearing and racking out duds, the RO yells, "STOP!" Turns out the rain had killed her shot timer.

Reshoot.

I still managed to squander that, putting 4 rounds in one target and none in the one on top (stacked targets on the left). Here's the sucky part for you, good news for me: I won B Limited. :blush:

Let me buy you a beer next time we shoot together, we can swap reloading tips... :cheers:

Edited by jimbob_texas

God you know what really REALLY sucks about this match? I lost 1st place B by 33.3999 points and 2nd place by 3.1589 match points.

I feel bad about this (not really), but you know what really, really sucks? I had 2 rounds go "click" on stage 9. While I was merrily swearing and racking out duds, the RO yells, "STOP!" Turns out the rain had killed her shot timer.

Reshoot.

I still managed to squander that, putting 4 rounds in one target and none in the one on top (stacked targets on the left). Here's the sucky part for you, good news for me: I won B Limited. :blush:

Let me buy you a beer next time we shoot together, we can swap reloading tips... :cheers:

you got it, i'll show this awesome way to jam up your gun at the most critical times, but don't tell nobody :sight: hehe