Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mags NOT falling (sometimes) with my CZ Shadow ....

Stefano

Hi all,

recently I've experienced (according to Murphy's law, most frequently in match than in training ... :angry2: ) some problems with the mag-retention of my new Shadow.

Attempting the reload, sometimes the mag not falls freely.

The gun and the mags-set is still quite new, I've used both only few times, and this issue happened a very-few times (so I haven't had jet the chance to understand if this problem is related only to ONE of my 4 mags, or it could happen with all of that ...) but of course I want anyway to solve the problem ....

Does anyone have experienced the same issue ?

I've thinked about several reasons:

1 - mag-lips (too opened)

2 - OFM mag spring (too light)

3 - mag-relise hole/catch (needs deburring)

Any tip will be appreciated ... ;)

Two other thoughts:

1) Any chance the grips are touching the mags at all?

2) Is the top round in the mag being pulled forward by the round being chambered? If this happens, the top round can cause the mag to hang up when the mag release is pressed. This can be fixed by polishing the underside of the slide that contacts the top round in the mag and beveling the lower leading edge of the breech face.

Two other thoughts:

2) Is the top round in the mag being pulled forward by the round being chambered? If this happens, the top round can cause the mag to hang up when the mag release is pressed. This can be fixed by polishing the underside of the slide that contacts the top round in the mag and beveling the lower leading edge of the breech face.

Yup, I had the same problem and the bevel and polish fixed it.

Later,

Chuck

Two other thoughts:

Guy, thanks for the tip:

I'll consider also this two more aspects !

:cheers:

Stefano - no problem...I hope you find the fix.

IMO, CZ would do themselves (and us) a great service if they polished and beveled that area at the factory (and changed the angle on the ejector for better ejection as well). I think that would significantly reduced the number of reliability issues out of the box....sounds like Chuck would agree! :D

Edited by double_pedro