Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouches

gunner40sw

I use 3 Safariland 771s (open front) and one 773 (open back). I much prefer the 771. I installed knob adjuster screws to tighten them down if I'm going to do a sprint on a field course, or loosen them for flat-footed mandatory reloads. I have lost a magazine or two on the run, but not since installing the knobs.

I'm currently back and forth between the Limcat holders and Frank Garcia's Xtreme holders. I like the angle variation of the Limcat, but like the variable tension adjustments (like the Safariland) on the top and bottom of the Xtreme holder, combined with the feel the screw that pops into the mag release slot of the magazine provides. You can feel the instant the mag is "locked" into place and the instant it "unlocks". Plus, I have much more tension adjustment variations with the Xtreme. Somebody should design a holder that combines the best features of both of these products. Call it the XCat or something.

Im currently running the limcats for my race guns and am uning the 773s for my single stack bolth are good. The trouble I have with the limcats is when I bend over and my gut pushes the mag out. never have fallen out when running. The real awnser is carry more mags than you will possibly need. at least one ot two extra. then it wont matter if a full one hits the dirt.