Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Magazine Date of Manufacture

Rising Sight

If it has a taper on the sides and at the top, then it's not pre-1994. I believe if you look at the top of the back of the mag, you will notice the notch. If the notch is "U" shaped, then it was manufactured prior to 1994 and is non-drop free. If it is |_| shaped, it was also manufacturered prior to 1994 and is drop free. If it has \_/ shape to it, it's manufacturered after 1994. Of course, if it has the LE Only stamp, it was manufactured after 1994. I'm not 100% sure though.

Edited by racerba

If it has \_/ shape to it, it's manufacturered after 1994.

I am pretty sure there were some "documented" preban mags with the \_/ shape. Another thing some folks look at is the caliber marking placement- high is post ban, low is preban. Of course- that also has been disputed. I've heard that Glock can't even prove which are which.

The only mag that are without a doubt post ban are LEO labeled as well as the newer style mags with the ambi safety.

Sucks huh?

Check the PTOOMA Complete Glock Reference Guide from LoneWolf or some other Glock references. The photo comparison was posted at least once on GlockTalk as well. IIRC there were about 4 different shapes to to the upper rear notches and at least two of those are definitely post-ban. Non-FML are all pre-ban.

EDITED to add: this thread on GT has the info you seek

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=794817

Curtis

Edited by BayouSlide