Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Les Baer Info

kimmie

Hi - I live in Massachusetts so you probably know there are a LOT of good guns I can't buy here. I have the opportunity to buy a Les Baer lightweight commander 45acp and I can't find any info on it on-line. It's aluminum frame and I'm told Les Baer doesn't make them anymore. Anyone know anything about this model. I expect to pay a premium price since you can't buy anything but Mass pre-owned LB guns here in Mass. Could I use this for IPSC or is it strictly a carry gun? I'm mostly interested in it for competition.

Thanks for any help!

Donna

Pretty much a carry gun. A Commander length gun is giving up sight radius and will have more flip than a 5" gun and the fact that it has an aluminum frame will make it even more noticable. Further, the alloy frame guns won't stand up to nearly as many rounds as a steel frame gun will.

Pretty much a carry gun. A Commander length gun is giving up sight radius and will have more flip than a 5" gun and the fact that it has an aluminum frame will make it even more noticable. Further, the alloy frame guns won't stand up to nearly as many rounds as a steel frame gun will.

Thanks - that's what I needed to know.

Donna