Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

69gr SMK, 1in9", 16in bbl, ~2750fps

Kyle O

Varget 25gr, 2.235"

BTW the 550 powder bar throws better than some of the reviews with this powder. 24.94gr - 25.10 is my outer spread.

Just curious about bullet stability.

What do you guys go for?

Haven't grouped these on paper yet, I am still in the preliminary phase of this load, and thought I'd ask the crew.

thanks

Varget 25gr, 2.235"

BTW the 550 powder bar throws better than some of the reviews with this powder. 24.94gr - 25.10 is my outer spread.

Just curious about bullet stability.

What do you guys go for?

Haven't grouped these on paper yet, I am still in the preliminary phase of this load, and thought I'd ask the crew.

thanks

I think my load for that bullet in my 20" gun is 25.5 varget. I get 0.5 5 shot groups at 100. I would just work a load up and shoot out as far as you can and see what groups the best. With a 16" barrel you might have some issues but I think with Varget you'll make minor with your most accurate load.

I backed mine down to 24.7-8 and the grouping (at 200-400) tightened up big time, in all 3 uppers, 16in, 18in, and 20in. thats with a 68gn Hornady hp. Surprised me!

I guess sometimes more is not always better.

jj

JJ, I on the other hand couldn't get the Hornady 60s anywhere near the accuracy of the 60s SMK, but the 70s hornady was better than the 70s SMKs....go figure.