Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine helpers

hardluk1

Anyone tried UPLULA products to help to load 40cal magazine or have any advise on a helper that works.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/pro...&st=&s=

I use one of those. Henning likes to make fun of me for it, but I don't take him serious, being he is Norwegian and has to use a fiber front sight he is getting so old.

Leo

BTW: I use it for 38 super and 40. it works with everything.

Thats the one I was interested in, just did not know if there was room to push down the round and still work well. Thanks and i to am haven problems see'n that darn front site and have a fiber sight to try. Hate get'n older Thanks for the info. Ted

Yes, it works great. Best thing since sliced bread. Heck, it's *better* than sliced bread. Slicing bread doesn't kill your thumbs :)

If the last round is a very tight fit, there may not be enough room for both the round and the tongue -- so you'll just have to do that last round manually.

Buy it. In a couple of months you won't know how you lived without it.

Edited by DarthMuffin

I've always made fun of Leo for using one, but have to admit on my 38 super I sometimes walk around with two parallel cuts in my thumb from sharp feed lips..

To get 21 rounds in the 40 mags is tight from the 18th round and up, but by slamming, tapping the mag and using both hands well when loading it's not a big deal. Here's the article on how I load my mags:

How to load Tanfo big stick mags

I will probably still never use one. Stubborn.

I've tried the UpLula on my 38 super mags. A friend at the range let me try it. It works great! However, there are two small negatives...

1st - Price. That thing is expensive. It's a good thing it works for a bunch of calibers/mags.

2nd - Last round. When trying to squeeze that last round into the mag, it doesn't work. The 'tongue' presses down the top round. You insert the next round between the tongue and the feed lips, then the tongue slides out. With the last round, there is not enough room for the tongue and last round, so it doesn't work.

I use one of these: http://www.magloader.com/

sinnsyk I can understand getting your fingers cut try'n for the last couple of rounds. I can get most in fine and the springs do loosen with time,some, But those last 3 or 4 or heck.

jeff86 i under stand the last round from there video but it sure does let you load the others quickly and then just one to fight with. Better than fingers cut. I am starting to have problems with my fingers and knees so i will enjoy the help and don't shoot competitively so last round does not matter. just for fun. The uplula will just save on range time loading clips.

the push down loaders work well in my 40's and 45's, any brand as long as the mag fits in it. Tang mags aren't really very wide, don't know why they would need a special(read expensive) loader. The push downs are usually much less than a sawbuck