Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1st USPSA match with revo

CDPMatt

This weekend.... I am an avid IDPA shooter (MD at our club) and I also shoot quite a bit of USPSA in Lim ( B ), SS ( C ) and production( B ). I shoot revolver pretty regular in IDPA with my 4" 625 and my club puts on a revo "friendly" match in USPSA every January. I only have the 3 moonclip holders for IDPA but was thinking I could just hang the rest on my belt.... I plan on shooting ESR all year in IDPA but might shoot revo in USPSA more for practice after this match, anything I should be aware of other than the obvious more reloads. This match will be 6 shot ports but the others will not be. I plan on getting a north mountain moonclip holder in the future if revo is as much fun here as in IDPA.

Thnaks,

Matt

Edited by CDPMatt

Welcome and good luck at the match. I'm sure you will enjoy shooting USPSA with a revolver. You have the perfect gun to do it with. Shoot Major and you will get all the points, instead of minor. One nice thing: people will not hesitate to pick up your moon clips. I've had guys change their position in line just so they can get moons instead of searching for single brass casings. :)

Hope you continue with the revo more often.

This weekend.... I am an avid IDPA shooter (MD at our club) and I also shoot quite a bit of USPSA in Lim ( B ), SS ( C ) and production( B ). I shoot revolver pretty regular in IDPA with my 4" 625 and my club puts on a revo "friendly" match in USPSA every January. I only have the 3 moonclip holders for IDPA but was thinking I could just hang the rest on my belt.... I plan on shooting ESR all year in IDPA but might shoot revo in USPSA more for practice after this match, anything I should be aware of other than the obvious more reloads. This match will be 6 shot ports but the others will not be. I plan on getting a north mountain moonclip holder in the future if revo is as much fun here as in IDPA.

Thnaks,

Matt

Matt, This match would not be the Old Fort Match, would it? If so I can probably scrape up a couple of the clip on holders for you to use. I plan on attending so let me know. Later rdd

ETA.

OOPS, The Old Fort isn't until the third Sunday I think.. So Much for Thinkin...sorry rdd

Edited by Bubber

Thnaks,

Matt

Matt, This match would not be the Old Fort Match, would it? If so I can probably scrape up a couple of the clip on holders for you to use. I plan on attending so let me know. Later rdd

ETA.

OOPS, The Old Fort isn't until the third Sunday I think.. So Much for Thinkin...sorry rdd

No Bubber this isn't the Old Fort match as you stated but CASA here in Little Rock.... we usually do travel up to Old Fort though as that Sunday is the day after my IDPA matches at CASA. I appreciate the offer and will let you know if I plan to head up there this month.... are you close to there?

Matt

CASA?

I seem to recall they ran a few IDPA matches down there a while back. In fact, I'm still trying to get that red mud out of my clothes....

Find a man named Roger Reid - I believe he is from AR - and do whatever he does.

Enjoy the 625,

Craig

Find a man named Roger Reid - I believe he is from AR - and do whatever he does.

Good gosh, ol' Roger R. will have the poor guy running around the range with a Ruger GP100 and HKS speedloaders. :)

No chance of that.... if I decide to use speedloaders I have a K-frame and Comp III's :)

Good gosh, ol' Roger R. will have the poor guy running around the range with a Ruger GP100 and HKS speedloaders. :)

No chance of that.... if I decide to use speedloaders I have a K-frame and Comp III's :)

Man, what a gamer you are!! :D

Well, the match went well.... we had a few revo shooters and I finished 3rd and even won 2 stages :) It sure is alot of work though and you sure have to manage the movers well or you might run short. I have to say this, I scored MUCH better than I do with my Lim gun and also for the 1st time ever got the star in 5 shots.

Congrats you have really stepped in it now. But the rewards are worth it if you are like me the six shots will be where they need to go. Do you know about the speedi-rack?