Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock for 3gun "open"

THM7

I am setting up my Glock 34 for 3 gun/multi gun "Open". It currently has a G-17L Barrel threaded for a suppressor and a Burris Fastfire Red dot (can't see the irons w/suppressor). Anyway does anyone have experience with "ported" Glock barrels? I spoke to the LW fellows at the SAR show in PHX and they recommended a custom 4 port barrel and reduced power recoil spring for a flat shooting 3 gun pistol. A comp is not a option, too long for my Kydex holster. I do not want to blow any $$$ just to find out that my 147 grn subsonic reloads are better shooting than a "ported" barrel with Semi-Hot 124 grn loads (Minor PF). Did the seach but the consensus seemed to point towards a comp, this will not work for me.

i've used several ported barrels in glocks and didn't care for them. a good comp i think will serve you much better than a ported barrel will. if you're shooting light loads the ported barrel might work good but you're still going to be shooting minor. there is the holster issue to consider and if you don't want to buy a holster to fit a comped gun your options are going to be limited.

Like Lawman says, or you can look at the 5.11 Tactical holsters made by Blade Tech. I have one of those and my FastFire, compensated G17 fits in it perfectly since it has an open bottom and the comp just sticks out. Its made for the G17 or 34 so the comp just sticks through. Works great. The red dot sits far enough back that it doesnt interfere with the holster at all. They are only $30 too. Best deal in Kydex going right now.

Well,

The G-34 with a comp is one long sucker....a G-17 is a better candidate. But I hear what you are saying about comp over the porting. Since there is not usually a lot of pistol shooting in most 3gun/multigun matches that might be the way to go (G-34 plus comp)....I already have a comp...just need to do some cutting on a cheap kydex (not defiling my SIDEARMOR).

Edited by THM7

Seriously, check out the 5.11 series of holsters from Blade Tech. Here are some poor shots of mine with my G17 w/comp in it. It has a completely open bottom end and a 34 or anything longer will fit right through with zero modifications to it as long as the comp isnt wider than the slide. And its only $29 so if its not perfect for you, its cheap to modify or just get rid of. My shots show it with a paddle on it, it comes with paddle and belt options.

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law...7/I/59136-59173

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg