Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local Matches near Athens/Tyler

RangerTrace

I'm going to be out of town for my next local match in Tyler/Chandler on the first Sunday. Does anyone know the schedules or locations of other local matches in my area? I would really like to find one for this Saturday.

I was also looking at the thread on the Double Tap in Wichita Falls. Would that be too advanced for someone thats only shot around 10 matches?

By all means - GET TO THE DOUBLETAP! It is not too advanced for a new shooter.

You will learn more about your ability in this match than in a year or two of club match shooting.

You WILL HAVE fun! You will see props that you will NEVER see at any other club match.

If you want a 'sneak-peak' at what type of stages to expect - get out to DoubleTap Ranch this Saturday (12/27) - Robert's having the last match of the year.

Post this over on the dfwshooters.org forum - I'm sure you can find someone to carpool with from the DFW area (many of them make it out to Tyler's match).

Edited by joseywales

DT is a good club match and great sanctioned match. also there is the Greenville, TX USPSA match on January 10th. hammer down at 10am. info at www.ntpshooters.org

on a another note, after seeing Rangertrace's new 1911, I went to the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco,TX (after last saturdays match) and saw a great collection of firearms. Some of the 1911's were art pieces! Great place to stop and see and read some great history.

My Google map is by location, but each range location details what is being shot on which weekend and weekday evening. It's great for people who travel and want to shoot in Texas. ETA: It also shows accurate range locations.

Map of Texas Ranges with Practical Pistol Matches

Enjoy.

Edited by Steve J

My Google map is by location, but each range location details what is being shot on which weekend and weekday evening. It's great for people who travel and want to shoot in Texas. ETA: It also shows accurate range locations.

Enjoy.

Thanks Steve, that map is VERY handy!! I'll try to make it to the Waco match next month.

Enjoy.

Thanks Steve, that map is VERY handy!! I'll try to make it to the Waco match next month.

If you can make it to Waco on Jan. 17, bring the new Wilson and show it off. No promises, but we'll try very hard not to drool on it :roflol: