Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great Squad At St Charles

THS

I took my son to a match this weekend.

He's only 5, but he's been watching me dry fire in the basement and asking questions. So off we go to Saint Charles.

A BIG thank you to Bill Schwab, ToddS, JLJ, Ron F and one other who helped keep an eye on TJ when it was my time to shoot.

TJ had a great time, although it was a little too hot and long for a 5 year old, but he was helping re-set US poppers, and pasted a few targets too.

Since we got home he's been asking about going again, and has been doing controlled pairs from his toy guns, complete with transitions, all over the living room.

THIS IS TOO COOL.

Now, where can I find eye protection that fits his size kid....

Tom

He's only 5, but he's been watching me dry fire in the basement and asking questions.

Sounds familiar - my oldest is 3, I'm counting the days until he can start going to matches with me.

I have a 4 month old also, hopefully both will enjoy the sport.

I really enjoy Jason's matches at SCSC.

Tom,

Glad to help, and yes it was an excellent squad, it's really amazing how much shooting enjoyment comes from the people we shoot with vice the shooting.

I have to say again that I was stunned how much better you shoot that Glock than the STI Limited gun I watched you shoot last year. :blink:

As for safety glasses for kids: just yesterday I ordered two pairs of S&W Mini-Magnums from safetyglasses.com I'll let you know what approx age boy they fit.

Bill

Now, where can I find eye protection that fits his size kid....

Tom,

The S&W Mini-Magnum shooting glasses fit my 9 & 13 year old sons fine, but were too large for my 3 year old daughter. I would guess they would be too large for TJ...

Owning your own retail business stinks as far as getting a day off of work. Car is plenty fast, but last time I got pulled over, for a mere 55 OVER the limit, the cop must have been having a bad day, as he seemed to be upset about something. :D