Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clamp on front sight

RevolverJockey

Hey all,

Just like the post says, I need a front sight tower (or gas block) that will work at the end of a Sabre fluted barrel. This rifle I have is the Comp Special. I would prefer a fixed (or detachable) but not flip up front. While I am at it is there a rear that everyone is going with? I just swore off optics and am starting over on the knowledge end. Thanks in advance.

Lee

Take one of your spare front sight/gas block and either tap the taper pin holes and install bevelled set screws or flatten out the bottom of it by grinding off the bayonet lug and sling mount ears, then drill and tap out holes straight up and again install set screws. Finish off with some loc-tite and voila, you just got a cheap front sight.

Edited by ken hebert

I guess YMH makes exactly what I am looking for, a single rail top, clamp on fron gas block without a sling attach point or bayonet lug, runs about 60$ or so I think. I must have just missed it the first time I was looking. Thanks for the help.

Lee

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

I ended up buying the Jp front sight and was very happy...worth every penny if you use it as a gas block and worth most of it as just a front sight. It didn't make the gun nose heavy like some picatiny gas block/front sight combo's and it even came with a .40 sight post.

IMG_0120.jpg

I ended up buying the Jp front sight and was very happy...worth every penny if you use it as a gas block and worth most of it as just a front sight. It didn't make the gun nose heavy like some picatiny gas block/front sight combo's and it even came with a .40 sight post.

IMG_0120.jpg

Do you happen to have a part number for this?

Thanks

Lee

Lee,

Give the guys at Compass Lake Engineering a call... They have a windage adjustable front sight. It has opposing set screws, and might be the cheapest option for a front sight. They also can do custom work if they don't have something ready made. Their website is kinda crappy and dated, and there is no price for the front sight listed, but I am guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of $75. Ironically enough, it is this very sight that I cut down to use for my gas block on my AR. I tried to sell it to someone who would use it for it's intended purpose, but never had any luck. It has never budged.

Compass Lake

C

IMG_0120.jpg

Most barrels are .730 or so behind the muzzle. You had no problems with a .750 ID front sight on a .730 OD barrel? How hard did you have to tighten the bolts? Or does JP make a .730 front sight? I know they make a .730 railed block, but the sight tower looks like a better way to go.

Thanks,

Bill

Edited by Long Range

THE PART IS http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPGS-2FS

IT HAD PLENTY OF ROOM TO GET GOOD AND TIGHT.

IMG_0120.jpg

Most barrels are .730 or so behind the muzzle. You had no problems with a .750 ID front sight on a .730 OD barrel? How hard did you have to tighten the bolts? Or does JP make a .730 front sight? I know they make a .730 railed block, but the sight tower looks like a better way to go.

Thanks,

Bill