Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Battle in the Bluegrass 2009 - Oct 9th-10th

Pending BOD of BGSL's approval we'll have this match on Oct 9th-10th. ROs and staff will shoot the 9th and everybody else will shoot the 10th. We are going to limit this match to 60 shooters this first go around to test the waters.

I'll post more as I find out.

• 3 weeks later...
Any news?

Since you asked.... Looks like Gary Stevens, THE Grand Snob himself will be the RM as of now. There will be a 60 shooter Cap plus staff. Working on the entry fee. Should be shirts but they won't be included in the fee but I think you'll like them. Should find out if its a go tonight or not from the range's BOD.

Cool news Corey! With a 60 shooter cap, what kind of prizes/plaques/bragging rights are you thinking of?

Since the Ohio shooters come to KY to bring easy women, I figure we can bring some prizes too ;)

Due to the 60 person cap and this being a "feeler" match to see how things go for me and my crew, for now its a plaque only match with maybe a few raffle prizes. I've got a hell of a sponsor guy though so we might have more by Oct.

You can keep your women and I might let you bring some prizes :roflol:

NEWS JUST IN....3 hours ago B)

BOD of BGSL approved this match so we are a GO!

From what I know

8-10 stages more likely 9

Shirts will be available as of now and won't be included in the price but I think you'll want one.

60 shooter cap plus staff

Match fee looks to be 50ish early but will probably go up closer to the match so get your applications in early.

Once we get a few things settle I'll get the applications up

RM looks to be Gary Stevens

For now we are going with a Trophy only match and if we get any prizes looks to be a raffle draw.

I EXPECT the Hillbilly boys to come get some! Hell we could have a tri-state 2 out of 3, IN/TN/KY. :D

Hey Corey , how about a little relief for us working slobs? TWO kids in college ,OT pay on Saturdays, a short 3 hour ride to the range on SUNDAY morning & are you sure those dates aren't Oct 10-11? Good luck with your match. I'd love to see a bunch of big matches in KY plus a state championship.Are you listening GARY?

Right now there is already something scheduled on that sunday. We have matches using the pits almost every weekend and are limited to the dates we can use. If I change to other months I run into the heat of the summer or conflicts with other majors that a lot of us will be shooting. If I hear that what is scheduled for sunday has been dropped there is a chance that it might get moved to a sat/staff sun/everybody else match but I'm not a dictator I'll have to run that by my committee.

• 5 weeks later...