Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weekend Class with Max Michel and Travis Tomasie

kgunz11

Anyway..as I was saying...Alittle Photo Shop to help a brother out...dang man Oh yea thats right...we call that a stable shooting platform..not a gut...LOL...Thanks for the photo

brother.

Yea, I could be a national champion too...If I lost 20 pounds, went back 15 years, had better vision, and an ounce of talent...shoot man...nuthin to it..

Man that is the only thing lacking from the class...maybe a diet plan....lol

Seeya :roflol:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great class. I was expecting alot from it but got even more. They way that Max and Travis explained the reasons for the various techniques was outstanding. Just got my notes typed up last night and looking forward to going to the range tomorrow to start the work. Thanks to the great group of shooters who attended, Bobby for setting it up and Alan for the range and cookout facilities. I'd recommend this course to anyone except my competition.

GB.

So this journey began a few months back when I contacted Max about doing a class for some of us local guys on a nearby range and he agreed. Little did I know we would have class participants all the way from Las Vegas and Illinois. After a few weeks of emailing back and forth and working out the details we had a date and class cost. Needed 12 students to make it happen, and we ended up with 14 on the list and a last minute addition of Col. Hill for a total of 15. I have to admit, I was concerned about the weather as the weekend before brought several inches of rain, tornadoes, and several inches of snow. First day of the class was a little foggy, but once the fog burned off it was an amazingly beautiful day.

I won't get into the class curriculum too much, but by the end of Day 1 we had fired approximately 450 rounds of ammo. The guys had us doing some drills to tune our accuracy and shot calling as well as our speed, both near and far. We split up into 2 groups in 2 bays and did some transition drills. After everyone shot 1 drill we swapped out to the other bay and did the other drill. Instructor to student time was excellent. Max and Travis have put a tremendous amount of time and thought not only into their shooting, but also in a way that they could pass that on to their students. They make a great teaching team, and I feel as if I gained tremendous amounts of improvement. You have never met a nicer pair of guys, very humble and always smiling. With their military background I didn't know exactly what to expect from them, but I am pleased to say the comedic atmosphere and wealth of knowledge made class very enjoyable. After conclusion of day 1 the guys brought their families over (Max's wife and kids + Travis' new fiance) to our host's home (Alan Lavender) to enjoy a good old fashion cook out (thanks Mark!). Everyone got to socialize and ask the guys all kinds of questions. I don't think Max and Travis know they are celebrities in our world.

Day 2 involved a lot of movement drills and the guys worked with each of us until we had it down. Participants took turns with the drills and each one of us got 1 on 1 time with the instructors. We took a lunch break and some of the students wanted to continue to work on movement technique so Max stayed behind and worked with those that needed it while the rest of us went to grab a bite of lunch. After lunch we moved into the 2 bays that had some excellent stages designed by Ronnie Shores. The guys walked us through them telling us what they looked for and noticed about each stage and the hows/whys to shooting them. They even shot them so we could see what kind of form and technique worked best, sometimes teaching by example is far greater than just telling someone. Of course they both made it seem so easy. After that we brought everyone in for the awarding of certificates of completion and a neat practice/training pamphlet the guys have put together.

All in all it was a great class. I got to meet some new people, make some new friends, and learn a lot about USPSA shooting. I thoroughly enjoyed the camaraderie and the instruction. If you have never gotten the opportunity to take a class from Max and Travis, don't hesitate. They have put tons of time into analyzing every aspect of the action shooting. They have tried every way there is to do something and know which way is faster every time. Their analytical minds and desire to perform has taken them to levels few will ever comprehend, much less achieve. They have put just as much thought into how to pass this information on to others.

DSC00124Large.jpg

• 1 month later...