Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tripp mags

skip62

I bought a Tripp Cobra mag for my 38 Super Trojan. I wasn't diggin' it much, there was so much tension if slammed a loaded mag in with 1 in the chamber that it would stop the slide on the way back. After some putz'ing with it, I figured out I had 11 rounds in the mag. :surprise:

Has anyone modded one to run 11 rounds? I wouldn't think it would take much. Just enough to allow that last round to compress a little.

I bought a Tripp Cobra mag for my 38 Super Trojan. I wasn't diggin' it much, there was so much tension if slammed a loaded mag in with 1 in the chamber that it would stop the slide on the way back. After some putz'ing with it, I figured out I had 11 rounds in the mag. :surprise:

Has anyone modded one to run 11 rounds? I wouldn't think it would take much. Just enough to allow that last round to compress a little.

I use Tripp Cobra Mags for my 38 Super duty pistol. I've not tried 11 rounds though. IF you figure it out, let me know :rolleyes:

I have a "system" mag in 10mm made to fit the box but be long enough to work with SVI magwells. It says 10 rounds on it, and holds 10+1 but I don't think I would run it with 10 in a match. Its a cut down 10 rounder. I'm thinking if you order a system mag for 38 super its still going to fit the box and hold 11 easily since the regular ones already hold 10.

On a side note why would you want it to hold 11? 10+1 is all you get for minor in USPSA and IDPA esp anyway. I could see it if you could get the 10mm/40 mags to hold 10+1 for ESP in IDPA though.

Edited by steel1212

I am using 38 Super Comp, forgot about that.

Our local club isn't USPSA or IDPA, we just shoot Open(comp or optic), and everything else is Stock, so 11 rounds could come in handy on some of our stages.

Thanks for the reply's

I have a "system" mag in 10mm made to fit the box but be long enough to work with SVI magwells. It says 10 rounds on it, and holds 10+1 but I don't think I would run it with 10 in a match. Its a cut down 10 rounder. I'm thinking if you order a system mag for 38 super its still going to fit the box and hold 11 easily since the regular ones already hold 10.

On a side note why would you want it to hold 11? 10+1 is all you get for minor in USPSA and IDPA esp anyway. I could see it if you could get the 10mm/40 mags to hold 10+1 for ESP in IDPA though.

Not to be picky, but I still don't get why people say a magazine holds 10+1 like that. The magazine holds 10. The gun holds 10+1. If a mag was really 10+1, it would be an 11 round mag ;)

The system mag I tried for 10/40 wouldn't quite fit the box and I had to take a touch off the front portion of the basepad....but that'll vary based upon rear sight style and height.

Not to be picky, but I still don't get why people say a magazine holds 10+1 like that. The magazine holds 10. The gun holds 10+1. If a mag was really 10+1, it would be an 11 round mag ;)

The system mag I tried for 10/40 wouldn't quite fit the box and I had to take a touch off the front portion of the basepad....but that'll vary based upon rear sight style and height.

Don't know I guess I just always have :roflol:

Where can I find systems mags?

For one, holding 11 saves having to Barney up at LAMR.

Lee

For one, holding 11 saves having to Barney up at LAMR.

Lee

If it will reliably do that, that is great. If you have to fuss with it to get it to and stacking the spring at the same time just so you can have one mag at the LAMR I would rather have a barney mag. BUT...I do know where your coming from. Shooting .40 in SS I have 9 round mags and I just load one to capacity and go. If they only held 8.75 rounds though I would try to work it so it would hold 9, but that is just me.

Where can I find systems mags?

You have to call Virgil and ask for them. He makes them special. My .40 SS has adjustable novaks, nothing low pro and still has pleanty of room to fit the box. Now I said they where 10 round mags for L10 CUT DOWN to fit the box. Mine happens to still hold 10 but I'm not going to run with it. If I was to use this gun in ESP I would just use 9 round mags, though typically I'm going to shoot one of my 9mm 1911/2011s.