Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need 9mm load for my SW5-MP5.

bravo2

Anyone reload for mp5,sw5, and other clones in 9mm? I want to use titegroup and possible w231 but start with tight group and like to use 124 gr or 147 gr bullets. I need a good load that will function in my sw5. My sw5 hates wwb but likes S&B and shoots both good but it malfunctions on wwb. I want most accurate load possible that functions. I also own a uzi. No luck in reloading sections on boards.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone reload for mp5,sw5, and other clones in 9mm? I want to use titegroup and possible w231 but start with tight group and like to use 124 gr or 147 gr bullets. I need a good load that will function in my sw5. My sw5 hates wwb but likes S&B and shoots both good but it malfunctions on wwb. I want most accurate load possible that functions. I also own a uzi. No luck in reloading sections on boards.

One of the inherent reasons the MP5 series of guns shoots so well is its mass relative to the 9mm round. The original design of the MP5 was designed to take special hot Carbine 9mm rounds as well saami spec 9mm. So it really needs rounds on the hot side of the spectrum. If you are reloading, I would recommend using slower powders, heavier bullets and higher velocities - all within saami specs of course. But generally speaking, my experience is the MP5 guns like heavier loads. I typically use 147 gr FMJ bullets, AA#5 powder or VV mid range burn powders, and load near the top of the velocity spec for those components.

Mine eats WWB - and anything I've ever fed it - like it is going out of style.

As a new reloader it will be a while before I load my own for my MP5. A squib in "F" would be bad bad bad...of course it could happen with factory too...but...

Try hkpro.com for more info...

A squib in "F" would be bad bad bad...of course it could happen with factory too...but...

Given the action's seeming love for hotter ammo, I highly doubt that a squib would cycle an MP-5 ;) You'd have the same problem you'd have with any other gun - its only a problem if you rack it and put another round behind it manually without recognizing the squib condition (and assuming the bullet has traveled far enough down the barrel to allow another round to chamber behind it). I haven't actually seen a gun, yet, where a squib round - even one with a small charge of powder that manages to get the bullet out of the bore - is able to cycle the action (though I suppose it could happen with certain blowback operated guns, though it'd be a trick set of circumstances).

FWIW - I've seen factory ammo have all sorts of problems, too. Set up a solid reloading practice, and you'll never have an issue, either way...

I use my standard 9mm steel load -5.1 WSF, 125 MG, 1.165oal, wsp primer, fed cases in my HK94 (semiauto 16" barrel MP5)with good results- 6" plates 50yds offhand. Cycles fine, mild recoil, about 1050 fps out of 5" barrel approx 131 pf.

Originally had the A3 retractable stock with plastic nylon buffer but a diet of Sampson 'carbine loads' trashed the buffer in

a couple of hundred rounds, so dont know about 'gun made for hot loads'. Just about any factory 9mm I've used functioned

fine.

• 4 weeks later...