Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

South Africa.

Well folks, it looks like I will find myself in Joberg the last week of January 09 for a business trip.

Would it be worthwhile for me to add a day or two to my itinerary and take in a side venture?

Looking for any and all advise. (Other than "don't go") :closedeyes:

Well folks, it looks like I will find myself in Joberg the last week of January 09 for a business trip.

Would it be worthwhile for me to add a day or two to my itinerary and take in a side venture?

Looking for any and all advise. (Other than "don't go") :closedeyes:

Go on a Safari, photo if you don't hunt, but go!!

I can hook you up with my guy down there. It will be an unforgettable experience for sure.

PM me if you want his contact info

If you can add a couple of days to your trip, make a trek out to Sabi Sands and stay at the Nkhoro game reserve.

Owned/run by an IPSC guy (hi, Dirk!) - the experience is just phenomenal. I stayed there a couple of days and... I gotta get back. All the animals running around free, open-vehicle "game drives", and when you come back you're in a 4-star "resort" setting in the middle of the bush. It is... amazing.

It *is* a healthy distance from Jo'berg - about 6 hours drive each way, much of which is pretty remote (think dirt roads). But if you have the time, and are interested in seeing "Africa" (rather than some cheesy zoo-ish facsimilie), it is worth it.

http://www.nkorho.com/

PM me if you want more info (or stories/photos!)

B