Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Want to compete next summer, where to start.

Patrick Scott

You will have no problem getting started with help from GMPS members such as myself willing to help you out. I started with the club a couple of years ago and still am a casual club shooter but found these people are great. We shoot every month of the season now so the winter months are intersting. If you still consider yourself new to the sport (or even experienced) I would strongly suggest you get to our new shooters clinic in April (16th). We have a match the following day also. We usually have a range full of new shooters and enough experienced members there to allow for plenty of personalized help in a very friendly setting. We start out very slow and with the basics and by afternoons end have you shooting a couple of practice stages with us. Lunch is typically included. We usually get plenty of female shooters also if the wife is so inclined. If you need any further info send me a PM and I'll get the info you need back to you. Prepare to enjoy yourself

Thank you Patrick for starting this thread. I wanted to get into some local competitions in my area and was having a hard time locating any clubs and local matches. I finally found some using the websites on the 1st page of this post. Hopefully, I will have some time this summer to compete.