Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Easy upgrades for the XD

Rob D

Some of the first released XD's had front sights in extremely tight. Milling them out was the way to remove. Since then they have become rather easy to remove, a good punch and hammer with the slide in a padded vise. I've removed over a thousand of them over the years only a handfull had to be milled out.

Rich

Accuracy Speaks in AZ does a great job.

Scott Springer does a great job and he makes great pasts for them. Go to Springer Precision and check out the website. Call Scott, you will not be disappointed. When people try my gun, the all remark about the trigger job. It is unbelievable.

• 1 month later...

Give Daniel at powder river precision a call, he does awsome work on xd's, also check out xd forum, LOTS of xd shooters gave him great reviews on his parts and work. he also does great work on m&p's, and 1911's.

Is the 20# 1911 spring lighter than the stock spring? Just want to make sure it will help with cycling those hand loads.

I don't know about the XD9 but I shoot an XD40 and have found keeping the PF up around 145 greatly improves accuracy and reliability.

On my XD40 I run a tungsten guide rod from Pistol Gear [made by Canyon Creek] and a 15# wolf spring with a lightned slide. (18 is factory on the XD40)

If you put the heavier guide rod in keep the +2.0 oz weight restriction in mind. A tungesten Guide Rod from PG/CC adds 3.25 oz.............. $80 and drops in. Would make a nice gift.