Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a question about the prize table... since I have been kind of all over the map with how we're doing it. I figure I'd better let y'all know. To be perfectly honest with everyone, this is my first time running a major match, and the prize table is the one thing that is giving me more fits than anything :roflol:

At this point, I don't know exactly HOW I'm going to do it. I'm getting more stuff in than I expected, so my plans have kinda gone by the wayside.

I had originally planned to do a straight random draw at registration, but most people seem to be against that.

I THINK what I am going to do is pretty much the same thing I plan on doing for the Area shoot next year. Minor prizes (such as slide lube, hats, t-shirts, ect) will be double blinded at registration, and major prizes (guns, presses, bullets, brass, ect) will be awarded by a preset schedule that will be posted before the match (i.e. 1st limited A wins this, overall champ wins this, ect).

This way, we don't have to sit around Sunday evening waiting for the prize table, the people who shoot Friday and Saturday don't get screwed, and performance is still rewarded.

This is all going to depend on the final amount of prizes we receive/buy. I haven't been able to buy much of anything yet, since we don't have enough registrations yet to cover expenses (RO hotels and perdiem, targets, props, ect). Once we get that (we only need about 25 more registrations), I'll be able to start adding some bigger stuff (i.e. guns and presses and such) to the table.

I will send out an e-mail to all competitors, and post it here and on our website, exactly what will be done once I figure it out.

Thank you all for your patience.

As of today, the prize table value is somewhere around $5,000.

Frank

Brownell's has signed on as a stagesponsor

Sponsors

Match Sponsor: Shooting Sports Unlimited

Stage Sponsors: Black Bullets International, Canyon Creek Custom, Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms, Montana Gold Bullets, Brownell's

Chronograph Sponsor: Competition Electronics

Gold Sponsors: BrianEnos.com, Shooters Connection, STI International, Starline Brass

Bronze Sponsors: ParaUSA, Lee Precision, Wilson Combat

Prize List

Canyon Creek Custom Gun (Flavor unknown at this point)

Springfield XDM 9mm

Ruger GP100 4" .357 (already moonclipped)

Gun?

Gun?

Gun?

Gun?

(6) $100 Montana Gold Certificate

(6) $50 Starline Brass Gift Certificates and CD Packets

(At least 6) Bullets: Black Bullets International

(5) 1000 ct Winchester WLP Large Pistol Primers

Brownell's Signature Line Leather Range Bag

STI 2011 Long Grip - Red

STI Recoil Master - Heavy

STI Recoil Master - Light

(2) Brownell's Glock Screwdriver Set

(12) Book: Practical Shooting by Brian Enos

(6) Brian Enos Slide Glide - Standard

(6) Brian Enos Slide Glide - Lite

(10) Brownell's Can't Mar 1911 Double End Bushing Wrench

(100) Brownell's 1/4 oz. Friction Defense Gun Oil

(2) Montana Gold Hat

(2) STI Hat

Lee Precision Reloading Manual

(3) Wilson Combat Savings Certificate

Para USA Discount Certificate

Gun? - Means that more guns will be purchased when entry fee's exceed expenses.

Do you have an updated breakdown of the shooters like on page 2?

Trying to decide what to shoot...

Sure... we're sitting at 66 right now. It really hasn't really changed much, but I know of quite a few more that have said they are coming (including the following GM's: 1 production, 1or 2 limited, 1 open)... I won't give out names until they actually register :ph34r:

Limited 1M, 4A, 6B, 3C, 1D

Limited 10 1B, 2C, 1D

Open 4M, 3A, 1B, 4C, 1U

Production 1M, 1A, 5B, 6C, 1D, 5U

Revolver 1M, 1B, 1C

Single Stack 2B, 5C, 3D, 2U

BTW... here's the link back to the first post, with the match information and registrations...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=862723

(I wonder who's gonna make the 1,000,000th post on here...)

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

App went out today.

BK

And received and entered today :cheers:

We're up to 76 competitors now (including the staff)... getting to that point where I'm getting a couple apps a day. It's starting to come along nicely

As far as I can tell right now, here's the breakdown on slots used per day (It's self squadding, so someone may change their mind... this is just what they put on the app)... the number of competitor slots available is the total for the day, not the total remaining...

Friday (Staff, Sponsors, and a few competitors): (24 competitor slots available, can add more if needed) 0 registered

Saturday: (100 competitor slots available, can add 10 more if needed): 15 registered

Sunday: (80 competitor slots available, can add 10 more if needed): 27 19 registered

I also have 2 competitors that didn't mark a day on their sheets... so they may pick any day.

Frank

Edited because I included Max and Travis' students in the number registered for Sunday. Yes... they are in the match and shooting Sunday... but their slots don't count against those generally available.

Just another little bump...

Here is the current break down (we're up to 76 competitors)...

Limited (20 competitors) 1GM, 2M, 4A, 6B, 5C, 1D, 1U

Limited 10 (4 competitors) 1B, 2C, 1D

Open (16 competitors) 1GM, 4M, 3A, 3B, 4C, 1U

Production (21 competitors) 1GM, 1M, 1A, 6B, 6C, 1D, 5U

Revolver (3 competitors) 1M, 1B, 1C

Single Stack (12 competitors) 2B, 5C, 3D, 2U

You can see who is signed up at the USPSA self-squadding site.

We're right at 2 months out from the match... usually the prime time for applications to come in.

Frank

Here is the link to the first post (with app and info): http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=862723

Here is the matchbook for the match, and also the app one more time...

Also... some of the stages are going to have to be "tweaked" due to the SASS shooters at our club building freaking fronts on six of my 10 bays. I think I've got it figured out, so the stage intent is still there... and it actually works out better for me prop wise... I just wish they would have asked first.

The BEST thing about it is... 2010 Canyon Creek Area 5 Championships theme?

Blazing Saddles :roflol:

http://www.milanpracticalshooting.com (or if that doesn't work... http://www.milanpracticalshooters.com)

Frank

Edited to add: I screwed up the link for our match sponsor in the matchbook... it is:

http://www.shootingsportsmoline.com

webmatchbook.pdf

Entry.pdf

Cool. Welcome aboard. :)

I've had a surprising number of people contact me today about the match... I wonder if it has anything to do with the new Front Sight coming out today... :cheers:

Frank

Front Sight coming out reminded me that I needed to decide if I was going to Area 8 or this match. Since Area 8 is full for Sat. and Sun. it made the decision easier. Plus this match gives me a chance to see the range that will host Area 5 next year.

Cool. Welcome aboard. :)

I've had a surprising number of people contact me today about the match... I wonder if it has anything to do with the new Front Sight coming out today... :cheers:

Frank

Front Sight coming out reminded me that I needed to decide if I was going to Area 8 or this match. Since Area 8 is full for Sat. and Sun. it made the decision easier. Plus this match gives me a chance to see the range that will host Area 5 next year.

It's a nice range... I'll be the QM and Fix-it. Look forward to meeting you. Be sure to say hello.

JT

You being from KY reminded me that I had a group of Soldiers from Knox that called me a couple months ago about coming up... and then I never heard from them again... and of course I lost their number... grrr

I think you'll like the range. I have a couple ideas for some larger matches, but it means I'm gonna have to talk the range B.O.D. out of some money... if they approve my plans... we'll have 20 bays in a couple years... :)

Frank

In answer to questions I've been asked the last couple days about Friday...

Q: "It looks like the squadding system is changed, and there's no Friday slots left? That's the only day I can shoot..."

A: There are about 20 slots left on Friday. That's the staff shoot day, but I am allowing shooters to register for Friday if that's the only day they can shoot. Just pop me an e-mail or give me a call if you want to make sure you can get a Friday slot. I'll manually squad you into Friday.

Q: It says "Limited" on the sign up sheet for Friday. You're only shooting Limited?

A: That means limited slots, not limited division... :) I should have made that a little clearer.

Q: How's the prize table going to work?

A: I am trying to figure out an equitable way of doing it. I have a couple divisions have only 3 or 4 shooters in them, so there probably isn't going to be a gun in those divisions... but I don't want them to get hosed either. I'm still leaning towards doing a prize list as in... First A open will win this, Production winner will win this, ect That way we don't have to wait around for a prize table on Sunday, and you'll know what your in contention for from the start of the match. This way I can also make it more equitable across the divisions... I'd mail out the prizes.

Frank

Of course... two days after I put together the matchbook... we get another sponsor... :cheers: Red Dot Shooting has signed on as a silver level sponsor, and added eight $20 gift certificates to the prize table.

Match Sponsor: Shooting Sports Unlimited

Stage Sponsors: Black Bullets International, Canyon Creek Custom, Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms, Montana Gold Bullets, Brownell's

Chronograph Sponsor: Competition Electronics

Gold Sponsors: BrianEnos.com, Shooters Connection, STI International, Starline Brass

Silver Sponsors: Red Dot Shooting

Bronze Sponsors: ParaUSA, Lee Precision, Wilson Combat

The complete list of prizes received and sponsor links are on the match website at: http://www.milanpracticalshooters.com

DVC

Frank

Now we're getting there... as of today, we are up to 88 competitors... with better than a month and a half to go before it starts. I think we'll make my 125 competitor goal.

I have an updated list of the vendors who will be at the match showing off and selling their products:

Shooting Sports Moline - Our Match Sponsor.

Canyon Creek Custom</a> - A forum dealer

Black Bullets International

Rock River Arms

Springfield MAY be setting up... but they aren't 100% sure yet.

We will have an Illinois FFL on site for the match for anyone who wishes to buy and/or sell firearms. He can take care of any and all transfers you need, including private purchases and transferring to out of state FFL's (I don't know his exact costs... but it can't be THAT hateful). If you are out of state and you win a gun, the match will pick up any transfer fee's on this end.

For our Iowa competitors... I have a local FFL here as well that we can can transfer any winnings or purchases to, so you don't have to mess with shipping. He lives 15 minutes away... so if we need him, we call him.

Make sure to bring your FFL's information if you think you might be buying or winning something. Most will give you a copy of their FFL if they know you.

Also... I talked to Rick (Canyon Creek) today, and his flavor of pistol that will be on the prize table should be a production ready custom XD.

Frank

My dad says that he's sending our app's tomorrow. So add three more shooters.

Looking forward to seeing you there, be sure to say hello.

Same. Will do.

Who is the master revo shooter? Mike C. are you shooting Production?