Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Visit http://milanpracticalshooting.com for more information as it becomes available. Here is what we have at the moment. Competitor and Staff registrations are now available. I'm guessing they will show up at the bottom of the post.

2009 Illinois Sectional Championship

Brought to you by Shooting Sports Unlimited

A Level II Match

USPSA membership required

Dates: August 28-30, 2009

One day format. Only one entry per competitor allowed

Staff, vendors and sponsors August 28th

Competitors: August 29th or 30th (your choice). (Very limited space for competitors on Friday the 28th. If this is the only day you can shoot, contact the Match Director before sending in application.

Cost: $75 ($50 for juniors with a registered adult). Add $25 for registration postmarked after August 1st, 2009.

-T-Shirts are included in the match entry fee. Please indicate size on form.

-Lunch will be available for a fee of $8.00 per meal. Please order with your registration.

Stages: 10 Stages + Chrono = 237 rounds minimum. Diagrams will be posted upon approval by NROI.

Match Book: Coming soon

Prize Table: Double blind drawing. Competitors will draw a number at registration, and receive a bag with the number drawn.

Match Hotel: In the works

Trophy Structure: (Competitors may only win one, except for category awards)

Overall Match Champion

Division Champions (If over 5 in a division)

Class Champions (If over 5 in a class)

Catagory's (if over 5 in a catagory): High Lady, High Junior, High Senior, High Super Senior, High Law Enforcement and High Military.

Range Staff Request: We are in need of CRO's, RO's and soon to be RO's. Benefits include waived entry fee, Staff t-shirt, lunch on work days, staff appreciation dinner, Special "Best RO award," staff only prize table, and 1/2 hotel (double occupancy) or per diem.

Entry.pdf

ROEntry.pdf

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Match Hotel: The Lodge Hotel and Convention Center (www.lodgehotel.com) Room Rate is $89.00 per night as of right now. She is looking to give us more of a break depending on how many people actually register. Their normal rate for a weekend night is $109.

We have 20 rooms booked as of right now. Use USPSA as your rate code. They will give us more rooms if we need them.

If you don't want to spend this much, there is a Motel 6 by the airport that shows their rates at $39.00 a night...

• 2 weeks later...

BTT...

I have 6 RO's currently... we need 22.

The RO benefit package is as follows:

1. Match Fee:

2. Free Staff T-Shirt

3. ½ of hotel (double occupancy) or $25/day per diem.

4. Lunch on days worked

5. Staff Appreciation Dinner on Saturday evening (Free for staff... $15 for guests)

6. "Best RO" award voted on by the competitors. There will be a plaque and (hopefully) a firearm.

All names will be turned into the RM and he will select the final staffing and assignments. The RM hasn't been assigned yet... as we are waiting on Nationals dates. Both RM's I have asked have extensive RM and MD experience at Area matches and Nationals.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Up to 13 RO's. Technically enough to run the match, but I would like to have 2 on each stage (20 total).

RM is still TBD, but I should know within a day or two of the Nationals dates being posted. Both of the RM's I have talked to work the Nationals, so they know what they are doing.

Considering we are still 8 months out from the match, it's coming along quite nicely.

Frank

Ray Hirst has just agreed to be the Range Master for the Illinois Sectional.

For those of you that don't know, not only is Ray a RM, he is also an RMI... which means he teaches this stuff. On top of that, he has RM'd the nationals numerous times, as well as who knows how many area shoots and sectionals.

We couldn't ask for an RM with a better understanding of the rules. Plus, he's a good guy.

Frank

• 3 weeks later...
Ray Hirst has just agreed to be the Range Master for the Illinois Sectional.

For those of you that don't know, not only is Ray a RM, he is also an RMI... which means he teaches this stuff. On top of that, he has RM'd the nationals numerous times, as well as who knows how many area shoots and sectionals.

We couldn't ask for an RM with a better understanding of the rules. Plus, he's a good guy.

Frank

Ray is a good man... tell him I said. welcome aboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Sponsors so far (the ones that have confirmed)...

Match Sponsor: Shooting Sports Unlimited (A local store)

Stage Sponsors:

Gold Sponsors: BrianEnos.com

Silver Sponsors:

Bronze Sponsors: Para-USA

Probables...

I've also got good vibes from - Springfield Armory, SVI Guns, Brownells, Red Dot Shooting, Montana Gold Bullets, Drazy Metal Works/Black Bullets International, and Joe's Custom Concepts.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting a few registrations already... not counting the staff... we have 5 :unsure: I hope people come... we're still one of the cheapest sectionals out there... :):wacko:

If you haven't been to our range... to go from one bay to the next, you walk a total of about 40 feet... well... except from bay 10 to bay 1... that's about 200 feet...

BTW... this is the range that will be holding the Area 5 championships for 2010 and 2011...

See y'all there...

Frank

Getting a few registrations already... not counting the staff... we have 5 :unsure: I hope people come... we're still one of the cheapest sectionals out there... :):wacko:

See y'all there...

Frank

You come to mine...I'll come to yours :rolleyes:

Sherwyn

Great Plains / Iowa sectionals on the other side of Iowa

We just picked a couple more Stage Sponsors.

Springfield Armory has confirmed donation of a 9mm XDM to the prize table.

Canyon Creek Custom has verbally committed to donating a custom gun to the prize table (this should be confirmed in a day or two).

They're starting to roll in now.... looks like we're going to have a heck of a prize table.

My goal is to have at least one firearm to go to each division... and one to go to the staff...

See y'all at the match.

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

Woohoo...

We are now up to 17 RO's, 1 RM, 1 QM, and 1 Stats. Looks like we're gonna fill the staff no problem.

I am reposting the application and stages here, for those that don't want to dig through the posts for them.

FYI... the USPSA online squadding system is being used for this match, so once I receive your application, you will receive an e-mail with your squadding pin code.

Frank

Entry.pdf

stagepacket.pdf

We're filling up fast...

We have 194 open slots left :roflol:

Actually... we aren't doing to bad. I have 18 RO's now... more RO's than shooters... how often does that happen. AND... ALL the RO's are either currently certified, or will be by the end of this month.

:cheers:

Rumer is, we might have a couple of the big-wigs (tippy top shooters) at our match, but I can't say who yet. Suffice it to say, you'll enjoy meeting them.

Ben Stoeger even said he might come (He would be the third tippy top shooter).

Frank

Just added another sponsor... we are up to:

Match Sponsor: Shooting Sports Unlimited

Stage Sponsors: Black Bullets International, Canyon Creek Custom, Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms

Gold Sponsors: BrianEnos.com, Shooters Connection

Bronze Sponsors: ParaUSA

3 and a half months left for Sponsors to sign up, so we're looking good.

Frank