Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Put On A Cmore, Thought I'd Make Master

phara

I just put a cmore red dot on my 627. I went out and competed with it expecting to have a master class score in open. But I found out that I would have beaten myself with my 6 shot limited 625!

Darn it, why does it always come back to practice, practice, practice?

Well, as Marianne Williamson, the motivational speaker once said "You got to look bad before you can look good " (or something like that).

My question is how the hell long do you have to look bad?!!! :D

And Rudi, oh yeah I forgot he beat a Grand Master with his 8 shot cmored gun. Let's see, he was using 357's. Yeah, that's the ticket! I'll just start shooting with 357 magnums, then I'll start shooting like a master! (Some people never learn!).

bountyhunter,

Yes, I did notice that the dot really tells you what you're doing when you pull the trigger. It seems to me that shooting with a dot should smooth out my trigger pull and this should help with my limited shooting also. Have you found this to be true?

Paul

Paul,

Welcome to Open Class in both ICORE and USPSA. The Dot helps you see better. Then it is up to you to take what you see and make yourself shoot better. One of the benefits of a dot on a revo you can dryfire and notice the movement. Try this with a two handed grip on the revo grip with the strong hand as firm as a handshake and tighter with the weak hand. Dry fire a few times changing the grip pressure of your strong and weak hands until he dot moves the least. I find it about 30% strong hand 70% weak hand. Whadyathink?

LOL, if ou would have beaten yourself with another revolver that holds less rounds it's definately practice and getting accustomed to the new gun that will put you on the right track. Love the initiative though. Shooting a revo in open class...that's too cool.

Bubber,

I tried what you suggested and yep, that works really cool. You can really tell what changes in the grip does to trigger pull. I found that your 70/30 ratio works for me also. In addition I tried changing grips and found that the Stock 627 grips work better for me than Jerry's do. I think it's because I shoot using the thumb over thumb grip technique which pulls my weakhand palm away from the gun's grip, so I have a little space in there. The stock grips are fatter and my palm presses against the grip giving me a more stable hold. I hear Jerry has big hands so I would imagine his weakhand palm presses against his grips with no problem.

Anyway, I learned this from the watching the little red bouncing ball! Thanks for the tip.

And with regards to shooting the Cmore in open IPSC, I have been told that this is a waste of a perfectly good red dot scope! :D

Paul

Come on Shoot the Revo. I don't want to be the only one shooting open in USPSA with a revo. I guess old dogs are hard to train.

bountyhunter,

Yes, I did notice that the dot really tells you what you're doing when you pull the trigger. It seems to me that shooting with a dot should smooth out my trigger pull and this should help with my limited shooting also. Have you found this to be true?

Paul

YES!

And the most "ticklish" gun of all is my .22 bullseye gun with the red dot. It shoots 3/4" groups at 25 yards, so I can't use the gun as an excuse. I have to focus 100% on a smooth trigger pull. I did notice I shot my other guns better after starting bullseye shooting.