Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Locking Posts After Only A Couple Days

Bucky

Sometimes people lock out topics after only a couple days. And reviewing them, it doesn't seem like there is any logical reason to do so (name calling, repitition, off topic, etc.). And at times, it doesn't seem all angles have covered. Why do moderators do this? Is there a policy on this and where can I view it!

Bucky Pollard.

I locked Vince's thread for one primary reason. Vince basically wanted to survey the forum for COST of compliance on a particular issue. He clearly stated he didn't want to start a debate on the VIRTUE of implementing one policy or another.

Vince and Shootergrrl are the proper moderators of that forum. Vince couldn't lock it for obvious reasons. I decided to do it because the thread kept drifting into a virtues debate.

Was it an abrupt decision? Yes.

Was I out of line? Yes.

Do I regret doing it? No.

Can any moderator here nuke my post and re-open the thread? Yes.

My only point is that I think Vince goes to bat on behalf of USPSA more than any of us know. I think he was trying to gather "ammunition" to help USPSA shooters out in the inevitable compromise that will occur if USPSA divisions are aligned with IPSC. If we wanted to rant/debate about how we feel about that possibility/eventuality, that consitutes another thread. Somebody has now done that, so that's where to head to discuss other factors about the issue. If people have numerical data to offer Vince about the cost of compliance, we can re-open the thread to do that.

Make sense?