Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock accuracy ?

Springfield Champion

from a ransom rest the best results i seen were just over 3" with 135gr. bullets and just under 3" with 180s both loaded with titegroup in a g22 at 75 feet. if not for one flyer the 135s would of been 2.5". worst group was around 9" with WWB.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ransom Rest really doesn't give the best results with Glocks. As mentioned previously, if you snug the inserts down tight enough to stop the gun from moving around, the polymer frame compresses to the point you can't get a mag in or out of the well. If you leave the inserts loose enough that you can get a mag in and out of the gun, then they're loose enough the gun can squirm around inside them during firing, degrading accuracy. The Ransom Rest is an awesome tool, I've used it many times and will use it again, but the Ransom folk themselves will be the first to tell you it's not the best for Glocks.

Adam did the testing and posted the results and pics elsewhere. the 135rainier load i gave him since i had shoot 500s with it in indoor GSSF matches and he wanted to try it and it sort of evolved into a full blown ammo test..

With the right ammo, I've seen G17s do sub 1" groups at 25m, shooting from a rest (not a Ransom Rest). Best ammo I've ever shot through my G17 was Swedish surplus steel core and I've not been able to handload, or find factory ammo that can outshoot this ammo...

+1

I like to sight my g34 at 25 yards. Off hand I expect to get consistent 5 shot groups to hit the upper panel on the IPSC metric target. When I bag the pistol and shoot from a bench, my load gives me about 2" at 25 yards. I use target front/rear sights have a 1.5 lbs custom trigger pull weight. Take these away I and I'll probably miss the target ;)

Now if only I can hit steel on the 1st shot during a match ...

Now if only I can hit steel on the 1st shot during a match ...

You can. You certain posses the skills.

Locate the center of the steel with your eyes (which should be ahead of your gun getting there).

Drive the gun to where you are looking [if you eyes are ahead of the gun, it will probably go to where you are looking on it's own. If it doesn't...could be two main things. You didn't look in the right spot, or your vision stayed with the front sight and didn't snap ahead to locate the center of the target.]

As the gun comes onto the center of the target, shift your focus to see the front sight in razor sharp clarity.

Break the shot while keeping the front sight in razor sharp clarity. It will probably move around a little. Try to see it move...like you are watching a movie.

See the front sight lift out of the notch in recoil.

Do that, and it's a hit...every time.