Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHen should you insist on a recall

I think it's time you made the name of this company public!

PM him if you want to know.

Thus far he's done an excellent job on following the line on this topic...let's not provoke him to break it.

Jake Di Vita

Forum Moderator

Thanks Jake and Nik for your help.

I will NOT break the rules.

PM me.

JK

I have, and he did. But, IMO he should make this public. For durn sure, I'll never consider this brand of pistol.

A.T.

P.S. Yeah, I know, it's against the rules. But the truth is the truth.

And with that I'm shutting 'er down again......

John,

feel free to pm me when you hear of a resolution, and we'll let you get a last word in --- hopefully you'll be satisfied.....

Thank you for playing by the rules. The members of the moderating team appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

The only response I would expect from a sales person upon being told that 10 out of 35 guns had problems is, "Please send them all back and we will look into it. We'll pay all shipping costs." The follow up from the sales person should be, "We are replacing all the guns with problems and I will see to it that all 35 guns are thoroughly tested before they are returned."

To get the kind of response you did makes me think that they were having a huge quality control problem and that the sales person was up to his armpits in complaints. That being the case, I would definitely insist on a full refund since you don't need to be doing QA testing on department carry guns.

Thus far he's done an excellent job on following the line on this topic...let's not provoke him to break it.

Jake Di Vita

Forum Moderator

Thanks Jake and Nik for your help.

I will NOT break the rules.

PM me.

JK

Applause for your firmness,

you gave everyone an "out" to PM you for their personal "interests" and they may pass on the info at their own discretion, but not on this forum. Rules are rules, and you are being helpful

Update for everyone:

First :I have answered MANY PM's and have ID'd the company to anyone who asked in a PM.

If you want to know send me a PM I WILL answer it..no problem.

Second: Almost every guy involved in this purchase, whether he had severe problems with his weapon or not, has contacted the company and requested a refund. Almost 100% of the order was returned. (The one or 2 guys keeping their weapons are keeping them as commemorative weapons and have no intention of carrying them or competing with them.)

I wound up resorting to contacting my credit card company and requesting they start the charge dispute process with the weapons manufacturer.

I did that because after returning the weapon to the FFL dealer for shipping back to the company I had NO further contact from the company. I waited for a couple weeks then inquired to the dealer if he had heard anything. He STILL had the weapons in his safe because "they" did not send him a return shipping label, a box to ship the weapons in, nor a copy of the FFL to ship them to even after being contacted multiple times by this dealer and other dealers.

I then felt that this company was possibly going to delay the return and then it would be harder to get my refund from the credit card company once it passed the 60 day mark.

I received no return calls or e-mails so I started the dispute process.

Even after doing this NO ONE from this company called me to find out what happened to cause my displeasure nor did they seem to care that a large # of pistols from one order were being returned.

Long story short I finally called my credit card company and after they sent notice of the dispute process being begun the weapons manufacturer issued a refund to my credit card.

I have contacted others involved in the order and (so far) no one that has requested a refund and returned their weapon has had their refund denied.

We have not given up in our quest for a commemorative handgun and have found that Kimber does a fine job of this.

We are now in the process of ordering .45's through Kimber. The priice is higher than the other nameless company but I am told that we won't have to worry about them working.

Thanks for re-opening the thread Nik.

JK