Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Pistol Gunsmiths

uscbigdawg

Hello,

Looking for a gunsmith other than the normal responses (i.e. EGW, Gilmore, etc.), that build Bianchi Cup pistols. I know of Ross Carter and Frank Glenn, but am curious to see if there is anyone else out there. Too, is there any place to get the barricade barrel shroud other than through Gilmore. He's pretty proud of those and they're not cheap.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

I know some local shooters who manufacture their own on a per pistol basis. I did some mad searching for Bianchi shrouds and Mover scope mounts and came up with a goose egg. You might also try Don Golembieski (sp) at Kodiak Precision in Pheonix.

SRT Driver - chime in here

USCBigDawg,

Gilmore is really the only game in town for "bolt on" barricade shrouds. Some shooters make their own and others are like the Rock River/EGW.

Nowlin and Weigand used to make them and Brownells carried the Weigand "Piatt" shroud..you might want to give them a call but it has not been in the last few catalogs.

A shooter I know makes a really slick shroud from an alumimum axle shaft but he is a machinist. They are labor instensive.

The choice of shrouds depends on what feels good to you on the barricade. .

If you're in KC, check out the Region X championship at Pioneer Gun Club on Oct 4. If I can make it, you can check out mine and I'm sure other shooters would do the same. Then pick the one you like.

As for 'smiths:

-Ross Carter does really nice work.. a friend of mine shoots one of his. First class.

-Alan Tanaka does excellent work and built John Pride's autos in the past.

-Benny Hill built Tony Holmes' gun, I believe, and Tony does well with it.

-Mine is a Nowlin. I like it :D

-Fred Craig is in Kansas and won stock at the 'Cup this year. Some of his work is on the cover of "American

Handgunner" this month. I don't know if he does Bianchi pistols but am sure he could.

Really, any good smith that can make a pistol shoot should be fine. Then just bolt on your favorite shroud.

USCBigDawg,

A friend of mine had the same problem when it came to shrouds. The Piatt shroud was $100 cheaper so he passed up the Gilmore. 2 years later and alot of cussing he now has a Gilmore, which has helped his barricade scores greatly.

As far as guns go, Bob Howard with Guncraft Sports in Knoxville,Tn builds all of mine. His number is 865-966-4545. If you talk to him just tell him you talked to Kevin and he'll know what you need. He builds the guns for parts, at cost, plus $800. The total price winds up to be from $2500 to $3000 with sights. This way you can decide exactly what you want to spend and what parts you want installed. My action gun shoots well under an inch at 50 yards so he knows what he's doing. This has allowed me to win 4 regionals and 2 state championships in the last 3 years.

Hope this helps.