• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From a post by the MD over on IPSC GV:

Basic information:

We are soon finished with the web page for the European Rifle Championship.

The adress is: http://www.erc2009.no/

It should be online in about 1st of Desember.

Unntil then:

Dates: Prematch: 9th to 11th of July 2009

Opening ceremony: 12th of July

Main match 13th to 17th of July

Award ceremony 18th of July

Slots in Main match: 250

Slots in Prematch: 110 approx.

20 stages.

4 day shooting, one day off.

I hope all of your questions are answered when the web page is online.

Unntil then, I will answer questions that are relevant.

Best regards

Kyrre Lee

MD ERC 2009

Match fee and cost of staying in barracks at the military camp was mentioned on GV.

Of course one has the option of staying at Hotels in Kongsberg if one so choose. But that will be more expensive.

Prices:

Main Match: € 350

Breakfast and dinner in the high quality

Cantina at Heistadmoen Military Camp.

Lunch will be served at the stages.

4-6 pers.rooms with bed linens/towels:

8 nights: €240

12 nights: €360

Breakfast, lunch and dinner: €30 a day

Again: hope all your questions will be answered

when the web page is online.

Kyrre Lee

MD ERC 2009

Prices:

Main Match: € 350

Breakfast and dinner in the high quality

Cantina at Heistadmoen Military Camp.

Lunch will be served at the stages.

4-6 pers.rooms with bed linens/towels:

8 nights: €240

12 nights: €360

Breakfast, lunch and dinner: €30 a day

Again: hope all your questions will be answered

when the web page is online.

Kyrre Lee

MD ERC 2009

How much does that translate to American?

cheryl :)

yikes...I need to pay for 2 also

Cheryl :)

Sorry about the costs but things cost alot around here to pay for the insanely stupid things the government do...

the living costs listed in the posts above are actually pretty good. Just for comparisons, I would guess a hotelroom with just breakfast would be approx $120 and on up per night.

And i doubt they will make money on this match, hopefully they will get enough to break even.

the problem is with a rifle match and with the longer ranges this entails, they need a disproportional large number of workers to run the match. This adds costs.

Rifle in Europe! That means paper at long ranges. Bring your Major guns!! :cheers:

And I hope to see as many of you US guys as possible!

And, I know, the total for you guys are high. Norway is, unfortunately, a high cost county compared to much of the world...

Unknown.

For the Nordics this year the stage diagrams were not available but you were able to download the round count for the various stages and IIRC the distances for most shots at any given stage.

Ammo is generally easy to get, though the prices are high compared to the US. 7.62 and 5.56 are easy we don't have as a big a choice in brands as you do.I believe the match organizers are looking into having ammo available for purchase, possibly as Official Match Ammo.

You could bring along (up to the 5kg limit) some Match spec ammo for the longer range stages and buy some cheap (by our standards) 55gr/5.56 or 147-150gr/7.62 for those stages with short ranges.

IF memory serves, Rem UMC in 223 were available for approx $360/1k at the Nordics.

Hopefully there will be more complete information regarding this, when the website is launched.

Thanks, I would just be looking for short range stuff, I do plan on bringing my own precision ammo.

Trapr

My unqualified quess would be that you wont be given access to the stagediagrams beforehand. Now, I did all stagedesign for last years Nordic champs at the same range, and from that I can tell you a bit about what to expect.

The range provides ample oportunity for long distance targets, you should expect to see the IPSC recomondation of target placements followed to the letter. The safety angles will be a LOT tighter tha you yanks are used to, better to start preparing mentaly right away. The match will consist of four areas, shortly described they are:

1 Hengsvann - 20 min drive west of camp. Reservist training area of apx 37 km2, of which we can only use a small part due to danger of unexploded ordnance. Fairly long distances (up to 300m) on all ranges, expect mostly short and medium cources with narrow angles, long distance paper and small steel targets.

2. Heistadmoen sør:

Short range area, some houseclearing and techical stuff with swingers, weird moving things and whatever you can do in a small area with 45 degrees safetyangles

3. Heistadmoen nord: Bit like Hengsvann, but more compact - also some cqb ranges for runnin' an gunnin

4. Myhrspiten: Combination of civillian ranges, apx 30 mins drive from camp. 300m bullsye range, shotgunranges and varouis pistol ranges. No Idea what the can do there, havent seen it all.

Trapr, If you tell me what you need WELL in advance, I can easily order reloading components for you and have them waiting with a waiting Dillon 550 for you. I have a couple of friends close to the range where reloading facilities can be arranged. That would be your best, easiest and propably cheapest way to sort your ammo. Expect midwayusa prizes times two.

You will propably find it difficult to separate short and long range ammo, as almost all stages wil have some long distace targets.

Dagfinn

Edited by dak

What the heck is a "Yank" Dagfin??

Will the safety angles be like they were in Denmark?

When you say small steel are we talking 10" circle at 400m?

WHAT THE HECK IS A YANK??? We finally got Mike clued into that term, but I figured you, being worldly and all, would already have got it sorted out. NONE of the shooters I have talked to so far are from "YANK" land. The Southwest and desert Southwest YES, but nowhere near YANK LAND! Perhapse, before you insult us more, you should get your world history book out and check where YANKS come from!!! Dagfin....We AIN'T yanks! :sight:

Just a little teaser for you IRON SIGHT GODS over there. Yesterday, while checking zeros for the up coming Ft Benning 3-gun match I turned in a nice 3 1/2" group at 400M and a really sweet 4 1/4" group at 500M ( all groups were shot prone with a ching sling and 5 rounds so that would be around a 1.38cm group @ 400 and a 1.67cm group @ 500 with the good old iron sight rifle.) KurtM

What the heck is a "Yank" Dagfin??

Will the safety angles be like they were in Denmark?

When you say small steel are we talking 10" circle at 400m?

WHAT THE HECK IS A YANK??? We finally got Mike clued into that term, but I figured you, being worldly and all, would already have got it sorted out. NONE of the shooters I have talked to so far are from "YANK" land. The Southwest and desert Southwest YES, but nowhere near YANK LAND! Perhapse, before you insult us more, you should get your world history book out and check where YANKS come from!!! Dagfin....We AIN'T yanks! :sight:

Just a little teaser for you IRON SIGHT GODS over there. Yesterday, while checking zeros for the up coming Ft Benning 3-gun match I turned in a nice 3 1/2" group at 400M and a really sweet 4 1/4" group at 500M ( all groups were shot prone with a ching sling and 5 rounds so that would be around a 1.38cm group @ 400 and a 1.67cm group @ 500 with the good old iron sight rifle.) KurtM

All right, sorry - REDNECKS then. At lest Kurt. Dont know about the rest of you. If you come back to me with sugestions I'll change denominations instantly.

Kurt, I'm not saying you cant hit the bastards, if you can see them that is :roflol:

I was more implying that you should plan on having nice, accurate ammo for the entire match, and not plan on 75% being el-cheapo.

Dagfinn

That is MUCH BETTER DAGFIN!!! It is nice to know that you as the Norwegian representitive are soooo responsive! I appreciate you timely change in this matter :D

Remeber what My good Friend Jerry said about being able to see the targets and "cone of fire"...guess I will need LOTS of accurate ammo! :lol: Your amigo...Kurt Miller

Kurt, I think you need to check your measurement conversion table, 3.5" is not 1.38cm? but it is impressive, i just shot a MOA group at 500 with full value 15mph wind, offhand. So i really don't know what these guys are thinking when they say we "rednecks can't shoot" just give us a flashlight and rifle and we'll clear the land of shiny eyeballs!!!!! :roflol:

Dagfinn, my idea of cheap ammo is 3moa ammo, that can be used for paper out to 200m. there always seems to be a place to do a reload, the video of the shooter with the ACOG showed plenty of shooting at medium distance from what i could tell.

the biggest thing will be being able to see your target, consistently.

trapr