Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA match Videos

Aristotle

First time shooting my new to me open blaster the other week I had several FTF's. Found out I was loading my rounds too long (1.190-1.195) dropped it down to 1.175, reduced my powder, chroned and found the 170pf mark, and the ammo ran great. But now I had a FTE. Well, still working out the kinks, but it's looking promising. I am having a lot of fun in Open, I can see myself settling into this division. Sure changes your approach.

No rain, great weather, good company and another fun match at PB.

:cheers:

Hey thanks guys. I was happy with how she performed, but I have neglected any practice to longer distances and paid for it. Still lots of work. I'll be able to get my splits down as I learn how the gun tracks and learn to trust the dot.

Left hand grip pressure was the key word for me in this match. Also drawing smoothly to a consistent index so I'm not losing my dot. I try not to work on too many things in a match.

Edited by Aristotle

Ari,

Love your videos! Keep them coming!

Was this your first Open gun match? Either way...got any pointers? I plan on going to the "dark side" soon.

Hey thanks, I have revert to this bumper sticker I saw " don't follow me, I'm lost too." :roflol:

I wish I could, but I'm still figuring it out myself. This is my second official match shooting Open. It is unlike shooting anything I am accustomed to shooting. Right now, I'm still figuring out grip pressure and dot track.

Ari,

Love your videos! Keep them coming!

Was this your first Open gun match? Either way...got any pointers? I plan on going to the "dark side" soon.

Hey thanks, I have revert to this bumper sticker I saw " don't follow me, I'm lost too." :roflol:

I wish I could, but I'm still figuring it out myself. This is my second official match shooting Open. It is unlike shooting anything I am accustomed to shooting. Right now, I'm still figuring out grip pressure and dot track.

What?????? It's not just run and gun? I will have to actually think?

Well there goes that idea! :cheers:

Ok...serious now...please explain the grip pressure comment.

The dot can/will track differently with various grip pressure. I used to grip firm on close fast stuff and looser on far precision shoots. I now tend to just grip it pretty firmly for all shots and watch what I want to hit on the target. I don't care about how the dot tracks, I just want to see where it lifted from when it went bang.

yeah, that's what I've noticed. I have to put a much more aggressive grip with my support hand. My first match, that dot was like a disco strobe.

I practiced some longer distances shots today, and noticed I am pushing my shots high and left beyond 25-30 yards. It'll be interesting this weekend, stay tuned.