Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about Reloader

Rye

I am really new in this hobby of shooting, I want to start reloading. I guess my question is, what would be the easiest reloader that i can use, something user friendly and what other things do i need to get started with reloading. Any input would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Rye,

Yes, you can trust Brian to give you good advice.

Hey Stormbringer...

How do you have your LNL setup? I'm loading 38 super on mine. I bought the powder-thru expander, and am not at all happy with how it works. It has a very abrupt shoulder on it, and therefor doesn't have much of an adjustment range.

Do you use a separate expander die? I wanted to save a spot for a bullet feeder or powder check die.

Hey Stormbringer...

How do you have your LNL setup? I'm loading 38 super on mine. I bought the powder-thru expander, and am not at all happy with how it works. It has a very abrupt shoulder on it, and therefor doesn't have much of an adjustment range.

Do you use a separate expander die? I wanted to save a spot for a bullet feeder or powder check die.

I love my LNL...................best deal going.

For 9mm I use a separate expander just because I had one and put it to use.

For my .40 I use a powder thru expander and am very happy with it. Took no fiddling at all to get it running.

The only problem I have with mine is not enough primer tubes. I hate having to stop to refill after only 200 rounds. Specially when I am running at 500 or 600 per hour.

The other problem is not really a problem in that I hate crimped primer pockets. That could only be fixed by a 1050 which is out of my price range. (daughter in University).

Edited by stormbringer

I got the Dillion XL650 and it works awesome. Once you have the dies and powder drop setup its ultra easy to use and fast. I can easily load 600+ rounds in an hour even with taking breaks to relaod the primer station and double check the power drops every once in a while. I am not sure if the Dillion 550 comes with an automatic Case Feeder or not, but I would highly suggest getting one as well. It saves a ton of time by not having to manually position the case and the bullet. With the Auto Case Feeder all you have to do is manually place the bullet on the case with one hand and run the lever with the other hand. Then the pace of round production is all in how fast you can sustain the motions of reloading.

P.S. - I also baught my Dillion XL650 from Brian Enos via his website and his EZ buy packages take a LOT of pain out of ordering it. He has the kits setup just the way you need them. That and Brian is a super nice guy too :)

Edited by CHA-LEE

Don't overlook the Dillon Square Deal. It's cheaper than the 550 or 650 and probably just as fast. The only downside I've seen is that it's a "pistol caliber" only press so you're limited in what you can reload. Dillon's lifetime guarantee is hassle free. If something breaks they fix it fast and free.

Thank guys for all your input. I have a fellow shooter who's selling her xl650 new fairly new. Complete set for 9mm and .40 with stand and trays. I am in the process of buying it for 650. sweet deal i can say.