Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34

texbran

I changed my reset spring back to the stock the other night and am haveing problems. When I rack my slide the trigger will not return to the cocked position when a loaded mag is in. I can rack the slide one time amd it will cock and be ready to fire. Any ideas on what to look at.

Thank you

Brandon :cheers:

One thing to check is to make sure you have the spring installed in the correct orientation. The open end of the spring hook should be face up where it goes into the black plastic trigger housing, and the open end down where it goes through the tab on the trigger bar.

Curtis

Do you mean the trigger will not reset at all or the trigger safety won’t reengage?

I’ve seen some triggers that wouldn’t go far enough forward to reset the trigger safety, when racked by hand. If you let the slide slam forward or when firing everything worked fine.

I think that the trigger is not going far enough forward. After you rack the slide on the second round you are good to go.

With the light reset srping in I never have any problem. When I put the stock spring in thats when it started. Why would the stock spring change that action?

Thanks

Brandon

I'm assuming by reset spring, you mean the trigger spring.

This shouldn't be happening because the stock trigger spring is lighter in weight than a "light" trigger spring. What striker spring are you running? The only way I can see this being possible is if you have a really light striker spring in the gun along with a really heavy trigger spring.

I'm assuming by reset spring, you mean the trigger spring.

This shouldn't be happening because the stock trigger spring is lighter in weight than a "light" trigger spring. What striker spring are you running? The only way I can see this being possible is if you have a really light striker spring in the gun along with a really heavy trigger spring.

+1. I know this sounds odd, but are you SURE you didn't accidentally put in a stronger trigger spring? I believe the stock one is roughly 4#. When I put a 6# aftermarket trigger spring on my 34 I had the same problem you're talking about, the trigger not resetting all the way forward. In my case the trigger would reset far enough to fire, but not far enough to let the trigger safety engage.